1

English isn't my first language, sorry-

William's povMe and my brother Louis arrived at the orphanage

William's pov
Me and my brother Louis arrived at the orphanage. Standing in the door, I noticed the caretakers. They soon came to us.
,,Hello children, what are your names?''asked one of them.
,,My name's William and this is my brother Louis.. It's a pleasure to be here.''
,,Oh dear! How kind you are! Nice to meet you and I hope you will have fun here! Let me take you to the others!''

We began walking to the garden where we saw a bunch of kids, all of them looking at us. They soon started whispering while Louis hid behind me. I didn't really care, I just smiled.

,,Hi! I'm William and this is Louis, I hope we get along well..''

-time skip brought to you by the author who has no idea what to write here:)-

,,Wow! You really can read! We should tell Adriene that someone beat her!''the others laughed.
,,Who's Adriene?''I asked out of curiosity.
,,Oh, she's probably inside reading, she does that everyday. She's younger than you but she can read too, almost as good as you. Oh, oh, there she is!''one of them pointed behind me.

I turned around and saw a girl smaller than me reading a book while walking to some brown haired noble. She had black, shoulder lenght hair and almost snow white skin. Her eyes were purple and she had a bored look on her face. She was beautiful.

Adriene's pov
I sighed and started walking when I heard Albert arrived. I wanted to ask what this word is in this book. I can read but there are some words that I still can't quite understand.. I come from nobles, an abusive family, I feel much happier here. I have friends, but I spend most of my time alone.

I opened the door. I shivered when the cold hit my skin but I didn't mind it so I started walking anyway.
,,Lord Albert! Welcome!''I said, with my usual look.
,,Why hello Adriene! How are you?''
,,I'm fine.. Also, what is this?''I pointed at the word.

I felt someone staring at me and this stare wasn't familiar. I looked up, only to find a boy staring at my form, it was kinda terrifiyng to be honest.. He had short blonde hair, two locks around his face. He had creamy white skin and beautiful scarlet eyes. We held the eye contact for some while, when I noticed another boy next to him. They looked the same, but the second one had his hair back and he looked kinda shy. I looked back at the first one and realised he looked really intelligent.

We found the eye contact again when-
,,Adriene, are you listening?''I took notice of Alberts voice.
,,Oh, I'm sorry.. I was just wondering if he's a new kid..''I looked at the boy again.
,,Yeah, the caretakers told me about him. He can read too.''
,,What?! He can read?''My eyes widened while I focused on Albert now.
,,Yes, he can count too!,,he chuckled.

I caught myself staring again.. He can count..? I want to know more about him.

,,Also, the word is shining.''he brought me back again..
,,Thank you Lord Albert! I will go back now, if you excuse me.. Goodbye!''I turned around and walked in the church (or what is that lol) again.
I laid down on one of the benches. A while later I heard footsteps coming closer and they stopped behind me, but I didn't really mind, so I didn't look up from my book. I thought it was one of the kids I know but..

,,Oh, Is that Edgar Allan Poe's book? He's a very good writer.''stated an unfamiliar sound behind me. My eyes widened while I whipped my head up. I locked eyes with the boy I saw before.
,,Who are you..?''I asked surprised.
,,My name's William. You're Adriene, I suppose..''
,,Yes.. Why did you come here?''I closed my book and sat up.
,,Can I?''he motioned at the seat next to me.
I just nodded and he sat down.

,,I find you really interesting.. You're younger than me and you can read. That's fascinating!''he smiled.
I could hear from his speech that he was indeed intelligent.
,,I guess.. But I heard you can read too, even count!''he chuckled.
,,Yeah, I could teach you if you want..''
,,Really, you could? I would be so grateful, please teach me!''I took his hands in mine while leaning closer to him.
,,Okay, I will.''he smiled.

When I realized what I'm doing I quickly let go of his hands.
,,I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. It was disrespectful!''I started apologizing.
,,No, It's fine. I don't mind.''

,,Well then William, I guess we are friends from now on.''
,,Yes, I would gladly be your friend''

-
I will try to upload every day, but I'm kinda busy rn.. Anyways, I hope you like the first part! :) <3