Chapter Twenty Four

When Dean stirred to life the next morning surrounded by warm arms, he almost panicked before remembering exactly who they were attached to. Snuggling back against Cas, he took a deep breath and let it out quietly. He hadn't been in a real relationship with someone like this for a long time, and it was almost refreshing. Dean could have laid there forever.

However, he didn't, opting to sneak out of bed to get a shower. Managing to disentangle himself from Cas, he stood, stretching and wincing at the pops and groans his joints made. Wandering over to the bathroom sleepily, he shut the door quietly behind him and turned the water on.

Stepping into the downpour, he let his eyes close as he thought about the movie again. They were about to go into the last two weeks of shooting, as long as nothing went massively wrong. Then, it was off to the interview circuit.

Dean was almost sad to see the filming process go. After all, it was his second favorite part of the creation process, his absolute favorite being the opening night. Seeing fans react was incredible. But, alas, filming had to end to get to that part, so it was for the best. The interviews were always enjoyable as well, so he had that to look forward to. It would almost certainly just be he and Castiel doing most of the interviews. Dean didn't half mind another excuse to spend time with his... boyfriend? Were they technically dating? He probably should have clarified that by now.

Fuck, he was hopeless in relationships.

Rinsing his hair of soap, he jumped slightly when he heard the shower door open. A disgruntled looking Castiel was stepping in, still looking sleepy and rubbing his eyes. He wrapped his arms around Dean and rested his head on his shoulder. It was then that he decided to actually speak.

"You got up without me," he grumbled.

Dean chuckled slightly, hugging Cas back gently. Pressing a kiss on the side of his head, he rubbed small circles into his back.

"I didn't want to wake you," he said, and Cas detached.

Leaning in, he gave Dean an actual kiss and held his face gently before pulling back and reaching for the soap himself. Dean raised an eyebrow, and Cas responded in his still gravelly sleepy voice.

"I guess I forgive you. Also, I really need a shower," he said, and Dean simply shook his head at him with a fond smile.

They finished their shower in relative quiet, Dean being done first. By the time Cas turned the water off and stepped out, Dean was out in the bedroom, steam pouring in through the doorway from the bathroom. He had just finished pulling on pants when Cas actually walked into the bedroom. Dean watched as Cas toweled off his hair and moved to get dressed. Pulling his own shirt on, Dean turned to a now underwear-clad Castiel with a comfortable shirt in hand.

"You can borrow my shirt if you want to," Dean said, watching as Cas nodded.

Tossing him the shirt, Dean turned to head out of the bedroom and hang his towel back up. When he got back into the bedroom, Cas had just grabbed his towel to do the same. Seeing the glint in his eye, Dean stopped dead and pointed at him.

"Don't you fucking dare," he said, and Cas only cackled.

Within a second, Dean had the towel whipped at him at top speeds. Dodging it quickly, he ran for the living room, yelling something over his shoulder about Cas's shit aim. His yell was met with laughter, but it seemed that Cas had given up and actually gone to hang up his towel like a civilized human.

Once out of his room, Dean went over and sat down at the kitchen island. Remembering the paparazzi from their date night before, he pulled out his phone to check the news circuit.