12| The CEO

Disclaimer : this chapter contains abusive language and behaviors.

🍁 

Silence.

 The both of them were sitting right across from each other staring deeply into their souls. It felt almost like a very intense chess game that had no ending. Their stare towards one another felt like a sharp thin blade that could easily slice open the sides of their eyelids. The silence they shared was immense, and their bystanders felt the awkwardness for them 

It was irritating to watch.

 Rachel and Alexa stood there getting slightly fidgety. They both had a million questions they wanted to ask each other since the competitors ended up sitting down in silence after that awkward phone call. Rachel bit on the tip of her fingernail which Alexa mirrored.

The sun was growing hotter on their skin and the quiet cafe made this situation even more worse. Henry was feeling annoyed looking at Zeke's calm like face grinning right back at him. He felt like punching the living shit out of him since he was just a rude person on the phone. But at the back of his mind, Henry was still questioning if Zeke was actually this 'Raven' guy or if it was just all a big mistake. 

Rachel then placed some iced cold water which both of the men picked up instantly as they gulped down the water to the core.  

Henry finally had had enough of their awkward and tense air so he decided to speak. 

"Who are you?" Henry asked as he tapped his fingers on his phone that laid on the table, looking at Zeke directly in his eyes. 

"Who do you think I am, Mr. Henry?" He answered as grinned.

 Henry tried to loosen his tightly gripped fist as he calmed himself down. He was infuriated at how this kid was teasing him.

 "Rachel!" Said a high pitched voice as they entered into the cafe. 

Rachel glanced at her brother's idiotic face that made it's way next to her. She face palmed herself at how badly his timing of showing up always was.

 "I got you peaches and-" Rachel didn't even allow him to finish his sentences as she pushed him to sit down next to Alexa who was busy looking at her phone before glancing at the man who sat down carelessly next to her. 

"YOU?!" Jeremiah exclaimed as she covered her mouth.

 "ENOUGH! I'M DONE BEING IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS! WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Rachel yelled catching them all off guard. 

"We'll talk about this later!" Henry exclaimed as he walked pass them all and headed into his car. 

Zeke chuckled as he got up whilst picking up the cups and clearing up the table leaving everyone in pure confusion.

 🍁

Jeremiah sipped from his metal straw staring at the sharp looking woman right across from him. He had already been on his third apple soda since he had gotten there, the air was as tense as it was from before.  Alexa looked at her shoes feeling slightly embarrassed looking at the adorable man siting in front of her.