Chapter 1

Sakusa Chiyo

"Chiyooooo!" I raised my head hearing my name being yelled.

"Hoshiumi. Hey, you headed to practice too?" I asked as the white haired athelete approached me with a huge smile, he's just a few centimeters taller than me.

"Yep! Let's go together, let me carry that for you." He took my gym bag as we headed to the Adler's training center.

I was recruited by Schweiden Adlers to be a part of their girl's team, Kiyoomi is still in college while I skipped that part, although he said that he'll join the MSBY Jackals this year.

"Goodmorning." Hoshiumi and I greeted the players who got ahead of us.

"Goodmorning Sakusa-chan." Ushijima Wakatoshi greeted politely, ever since he found out that I, the sister of his good friend and opponent Sakusa Kiyoomi, he treated me dearly.

"Goodmorning Wakatoshi-kun, where's Tobio-kun?" I asked looking for the genius setter.

"He said he's gonna run late since something came up with his family, he'll be here soon."

"I see." I nodded and went to the girls, Ayura and Atsuki are my teammates thankfully, they joined this year so I'm only a year earlier.

The Adlers' boys and girls team often hold practices together once every month. We play matches against each other to train. They were fond of it and we were too, this is my second year playing for the Schweiden Adlers and I'm a regular wing-spiker, Ayura is the main setter as she had improved drastically, specially when the Adlers found out that our coordination is totally insync and that we bring out the best in each other. Atsuki often substitute our libero.

I fell inlove with volleyball. For the first time in Itachiyama, a second year was made captain. I became the captain for our team and have brought Itachiyama Institute Girl's Team to the Nationals in both Interhigh and Spring Tournament for two consecutive years. And on my third and final year, Itachiyama became champions of the Spring Tournament led by me.

I learned to let go of a lot of things ever since. Because as I found my passion, I lost my love. Kenma broke up with me on my third year. He didn't even meet up and looked me in the eye. All I got was a call, I didn't even had the chance to greet him happy anniversary. I never knew why. It may or may not be the reason I refused college despite the athlete scholarships I was offered. Instead, I spent a year in Canada playing volleyball before coming back here.

"Alright ladies!" Hanabi, our captain called as we huddled. "Let's kick some male flat asses today."

"Yeah!"

The first twelve entered, since we positioned ahead of the boys, I notice that they changed their rotation, matching me with Hoshiumi-san instead of Wakatoshi-kun.

"Oh? Wakatoshi-kun isn't marking our ace?" Ayura giggled seeing them.

"Why? Are you scared?" Hoshiumi grinned competitively.

"No." I smiled a little. "But you will be."

------------

"Kageyama!"

"I'm here! Sorry I'm late."

"Oh great!" I scowled as Tobio came in running. "Just when I am about to win one fucking bet."

"Language Sakusa!"

"Sorry." I murmured.

"Not today Chiyo." Tobio grinned taking his spot.

The genius setter and I established a sincere bond as friends and enemies at the same time, during joint practices, we'd wager on the results.

The game resumed as usual, except now there's someone capable of saving my supposedly kills. We won either way. 2-1.