Prolouge

December 25, 1994

It was a cold December night. It was snowing, everything was covered in white. I walked down a busy street where I heard children sing Christmas carols. Christmas, everyone's favourite time of the year.

Everyone had someone to celebrate Christmas with and me; I had no one... again. But I sort of liked it. I continued to walk not knowing where I was going. I then reached a park, i saw couples sitting together on benches looking at the stars, talking about god knows what.

I sat down at an empty bench near the children swings, thinking about my life and all the choices I have made. I was always thinking about this same topic. Every morning, afternoon and night.

I then heard it. A scream.

I got up and ran towards the sound. No one else heard it since it was very far away, but I had good hearing, very good hearing.

I made it to the source of the scream and I saw a woman, a man and a child stuck in a car that was flipped over on the road.

I ran towards them. "I'm here, I'm here. Just stay still and let me help you."

"Please call an ambulance."

A what. I thought.

I needed to help them and quick. I held onto the door handle and pulled it open allowing for the woman to get out and than the man. The child was at the back seat and honestly it didn't look like she was breathing.

The woman noticed that the girl wasn't moving nor breathing and she screamed so loud even the people at the park could hear.

"No my baby. She can't be dead ." She cried.

"Honey calm down your bleeding a lot, the ambulance are on their way, please calm down." The man pleaded.

The woman continued to cry. I couldn't just stand there and do nothing. I pulled the door handle at the back seat open and pulled the girl's body out.

I had to heal her.

But if I did the two adults will see. Oh who cares, a girl had died and she didn't look over the age of 10.

I placed my hands on her heart and I started to work. Purple mist came out of my palms. The girls body started to glow purple. The woman and man looked scared.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" The woman screamed at me.

"I'm helping, I need to make her heart start beating again and I can only do that if you shushed." I continued to focus and slowly I could hear her heart beat.

I heard a few sirens coming our way. Then the girl shoot up and started panting heavily. She was back.

The woman and man look so shocked but yet relieved.

"Linda my little girl, we thought we lost you."

I had to go before the Gods realise what I have done. Allowing mortals to witness me using my powers. I started to walk away trying to make the situation seem calm and usual.

"Wait!" The man called out. " who are you?" The man asked, with confusion written on his face.

I felt a quick tingle go through my body. They know.

"A girl that has made a great mistake." I said before everything went black and I fell.