MMATEORS ONE SHOT

Pierce stood up in excitment from the bench he's currently sitting as he saw Ethan walking towards him. He can't hide his joy while waiting for Ethan to arrive and sit beside him, like they always do before.

"Finally, I'm able to see you again after a year" flabbergasted, Pierce uttered.

It's 7:00 in the evening. No one was around unlike before that there are many people lingering until morning. This is a park, but they named it as Red Street. There are no houses around, just a bench at the end of the street, a gloomy atmosphere, and leftover things looking like a mess everywhere.

In a short while, Ethan arrived at where Pierce is, but unlike their previous meet-up's, he's wearing an unhappy expression that discomforts Pierce who's about to hug him, but stopped as soon as he saw Ethan's expression.

"Hey Alas, it's been a year since I saw you." He murmured hiding the feeling that seems like someone pinched his heart. "Aren't you happy to see me?" he asked but got no reaction from him. Instead, Ethan sat at the bench where Pierce was sitting before he arrived.

Pierce sat beside Ethan, looking at him and is waiting for his response, but still got nothing.

"What's the proble--" Pierce was interrupted

"It's been a year, Rios. How have you been?" Ethan asked. Pierce's mood was changed in an instant. He smiled like a fool disregarding Ethan's previous treatment towards him.

"I'm doing just fine, but I'm always missing you." Pierce asnwered trying not to stammer looking at Ethan who's not looking back at him.

"I miss you." Ethan heavily sighed as he blinked many times trying to conceal his tears. His voice is soothing to Pierce's ears and to Pierce himself who's always longing for him.

"Alastair, don't be like that. Don't cry, okay? I'm right here beside you." Pierce tried to cheer Ethan's up with his cheesiness, knowing that Ethan will react on his cheesy lines and will tease him. But this time--- he did not.

Pierce can't stand the awkward ambiance betweeen them so he asked Ethan frankly, "Hey, is there something you wanted to tell me? You can say it straight to my fac---." he was interrupted again from what he's saying when he see Ethan lighting a cigarette.

"Wow, so when did you start smoking?" he irritatedly asked but Ethan ignored him that made Pierce more irritated. Ethan knows that Pierce hates people that smoke.

"Fuck! Alastair, am I not that important to you?! You asked me to meet you here at the Red Street just to fucking smoke and ignore me?!" he shouted, ranged in angerness and disappointment.

"Riis, why? Why didn't you wait for me?" Ethan asked cracking his voice. He threw his cigarette to the ground and stepped on it before he even got a chance to smoke it. Pierce didn't know how to react. His heart and head is filled with mixed emotions--- angerness, joy, and confusion.

"Are you talking about what happened  7 years ago, again?" Pierce asked him.

"I said why didn't you wait for me?!" Pierce was shocked when Ethan raised his voice who's until now, didn't even taking at least a glance at him.

Pierce blinked concealing his tears before answering, "What are you talking about? If it's about 7 years ago, I waited for you Alas. When you told me that you have something to tell me and to meet you on our casual meeting place, the end of Red Street, this street, I came unhesitatingly and waited for you to come."

Ethan's tears that he's been concealing is now running down through his cheeks. "7 years had passed Rios, but I'm still stucked." he then told as he gets a small box on his pocket.

Ethan sobbed then continued, "I asked you to MEET ME AT THE END OF RED STREET because this street is a famous street for lovers. Did you know Rios that they named it Red Street because color red represents love and affection? Same as my feelings for you. And also, I think this is the right place to ask you to settle with me...

... and marry me." he told between his sobs and opened the small box. What's inside is a ring, supposedly for Pierce.

Pierce, who's in total shock, covered his mouth with his hand. He's trembling, confused, and starts crying. "Alas... I'm always explaining things to you, but you're not even listening to me until now. Can you please listen to me for at least this moment?" he pleaded between his cries. But before he even had a chance to continue speaking, Ethan speaks again,

"I miss you Rios. I miss you every day, i miss being with you, your kiss, your hug, your cheesy lines, how you plays with my hair, and how you didn't fail to make me happy. I miss you so much." His sobs turned into loud cries. "If only I could just turn back the time, I wouldn't even bother asking you to come here. Rios, it's been seven years." he continued crying

"That 7 years was all in the past. What are you talking about now Alastair, it's only been a year since we last met." he's crying and is confused as well.

Ethan wiped his tears "I'm still stucked at that night...

...eventhough seven years had passed since you died, Rios."

"Fuck..." the only word that Pierce whispered. He smiled bitterly between his tears realizing the fact that he died 7 years ago, and the reason why Ethan didn't even took a glimpse on him is because he's nothing but a mere soul now.

Pierce was murdered 7 years ago on the exact bench they're currently sitting while waiting for his boyfriend. Ethan came late. When he arrived, Pierce is lifeless and is swimming in his own blood. For 7 years, Ethan can't forgive himself and still blaming himself even though the murderer was arrested and serving life sentence in jail. Ethan visits the place where Pierce was murdered yearly, every Pierce's death anniversary.

"Every year, why do I have to forget that I'm dead? Why do I have to suffer from this pain over and over again? Is this my hell?" he looked up to the sky sulking, hoping that he can get answer from above.

He then looked at Ethan, "I'm sorry Alastair.. babe.. for leaving you too soon." Told by Pierce who's still crying and trembling eventhough he knows that Ethan won't hear any single word he says. Ethan then put the box with the ring on the bench he's sitting before uttering the words that will haunt Pierce, forever.

"Rios, babe, I'm letting you go now." for the last time, Ethan cried out all his sadness and grief after 7 years of bearing the loss of his beloved boyfriend. "I love you Rios, always in all ways" he whispered before standing up and started walking away.

Pierce smiled bitterly again as he watched Ethan walks away from him before saying,

"I'm happy Alastair that you can finally let go. I'll be happy as well. Please live a healthy life. Everything was ended by you tonight...

...but for me, this night will never end. I love you too, always in all ways."

---fin---