My Missing Story

We could hear the leaves rustle in the cold breeze. After walking quite adistance, we finally found a small cottage beside the moonlit lake. We couldsee fire, so we decided to go have a look. The fog surrounding me and myfriend was thick, the air muggy and all sense of the world gone. As we walkedon further into the woods it was difficult to know both where we were goingand when we would get there. Fear was pounding at my heart, but there wasno going back. I had to keep going. Me and my friend pushed forwardstruggling to breathe as we went. The track seemed to be the longest track Ihave ever went through. We started to panic a bit.My breath started to stager. It was too hard to keep going. My knees wentweak and gave way. It felt as though I was falling. I almost got fainted.I woke up shortly after with my friend started slapping my face painfully andshacking me. A look of concern crossed with fear was upon his face. I tried tosit up but the pain in my stomach was unbearable. Finally I was able to sit upagainst the tree by side. Though as I sat the two of us remained silent. Upfurther away a wolf cried to the moon. Which was barley visible through thedense fog. It was hard to tell who was more scared. We sat there for a minutethat seemed to go for an eternity. As the trees moved in the aggressive wind,shadows of frighting shapes littered the ground.As we moved on we came to a cottage which was very odd in such a desertedenvironment. We approached carefully not wanting any animals to know thatwe were walking in their land on. Their territory in which they guard viciouslyand greedily wanting to protect them their families and the place in which theprotect greedily. As we approached, a wolf ran in front of us. Its blood redeyes were boring into us. We started to back away but there was no where togo. The wolf gave us a fleeting look that told us it would be back. I looked intomy friend's timid and hesitated. Finally we gabbed some breath and wecontinued to walk on.Finally we reached the house. Smoke was rising from a chimney and driftingsoftly into the air with out a care in the world. I knocked. There was a ringingsilence that went for a time that seemed to want to last forever. No oneanswered.I knocked again. A groaning noise came from within and a young beautifulwoman steeped out. We were saved. She let us her phone. Ten minutes latera midnight blue care was speeding towards us. To rescue us. The journeyhome was enjoyable with a nice long nap. Everything was back to normalagain.

- Sudhakar Gothwal