TWENTY THREE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

I didn't remove myself from Kassian's body for a good few minutes, somewhat enjoying the feeling of my heat subside and for once I could breathe without desperately needing to go again

I didn't remove myself from Kassian's body for a good few minutes, somewhat enjoying the feeling of my heat subside and for once I could breathe without desperately needing to go again. My body, my wolf and the curse felt content and that made me relax.

Slowly I move myself from Kassian's lap and reach for my t-shirt that was sitting on the floor. Turning my back towards the sofas and facing the wall, attempting to throw on my top as quickly as I could. Listening to Kassian rustle with his own clothes from behind me, after I push my head through the hole of my t-shirt.

My eyes close for a moment, a feeling of confusion and uncertainty washing over me.

"What are we doing Kassian?" I question as I rotate my body back towards him.

Kassian stands from the sofa and pulls up his shorts, his toned shoulders tensing as he does so. "What do you mean?" He responds as he quirks his eyebrow.

"I thought you hated me after everything that happened," I say sourly as I fold my arms over my chest, my brows pulled down into a frown. "And now we've resulted to this? I just don't really know what's going on."

His dark eyes flick between mine as he stands a couple of inches from me, folding his own arms over his torso. "And you just said the sex wasn't meaningless?" Kassian's voice dips.

"You said the same," I shoot back instantly. "But I don't understand what is happening here."

My head begins to shake as I drop my arms and slowly pace between the small space in his office, the curse wrapping around my heart and making me frustrated. More than I'd like to be.

Kassian takes two steps towards the sofa and leans on the arm, his eyes watching me carefully. "It's not news to you that I didn't think much of you when you first got here," he tells me. "You hurt one of my wolves, you spoke down to me like I was below you, you threatened to kill members of my pack."

I didn't want to laugh but I did, a small sarcastic chuckle which doesn't sit well with Kassian.

"Why are you laughing?" He demands, his eyes narrowing into small slits.

"Because you were scared of me," I state simply. "You were scared of one lone wolf, hurting you, hurting your pack. And honestly? I'm honoured. For an Alpha like you to be scared of me."

"What are you trying to say?" His eyes narrow towards me, his lip curving up at the tone of my voice.

I smirk towards him and look down at him as he leans back on the sofa arm. "You hated me, but you thought highly of me at the same time. Admit it."

"I'm admitting it," he says instantly, the words falling from his lips far too easily. "I can't even deny that."

"What?"