7| ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴏʙꜱᴇꜱꜱɪᴏɴ

ONE WEEK LATER...

AADRITI POV:

Mother Stella heave out a weary sigh, "I hoped, you'll work in a company, that's in Delhi." She sipped the tea.

An hour ago, she arrives here to visit me for one time before departing for Kerala. Presently, we are in the coffee shop, it is inside the hostel. I've picked Chiku from the ground when he tried to run. This is not a place to jog.

"Stay silent, Chiku.", I set him in my lap and gave him the chew toy, which provides him the dental health.

"I wanted to work in Delhi too. But, it is... I felt like, I need to get on the job, with my ability.", I confessed to her. But still, she feels so worried.

Suspicious!

"Mother, what is it that bothers you?", I wonder. I know, she's hiding something from me. She said nothing.
But I nagged her continuously, for the next 5 minutes, to uncover it to me.

She reckons for a minute, and stated, "One time I took you here. You are 2 years old. It's to attend a committee here. You're so attached to me, that time. So, I took you along."

She halts for a second, before starting to speak again, "After the meeting, we are going on a bus. I have slept, tiredly. When I woke up in the mid, you were gone missing."

I stared at her shocked. Thank god! I don't remember any. She says further, "You got abducted as I'm not aware of. After that, luckily, I feel like, for the first time in my life, Police have done their job. They've found you within a week before you are about to get sold to somewhere."

She said she got no idea, why they did like this, to me. I mean, I am not even a teenager, but a baby.

"After that, Mumbai terrifies me, I feel scared again now. I realize you need this job. You must stay here. But, promise me, that, you won't trust people blindly.", She requested, for which I nods and gave my vow.

After a while, speaking, we both made our way outside of the hostel. I looked at the traffic, as today is Sunday. The road is literally on a vehicle's race.

We walked towards the bus stand as Chiku strolled beside me. Waiting on the bus stand, I looked at the car, that is standing in front of us. It looks so lavish. I felt a tug on my arm.

I knew it's Mother Stella. "Also, you should retain your distance from rich people. Good people exist, but we can't say, precisely." She advised. I smiled, gave an understanding nod.

Once the bus arrived, she got on it as she waved her hands at me, saying, to be careful. I waved my hands back.

Following it, I made my way back to the hostel. I clasp Chiku's rope holder tightly when I felt like someone has been coming next to me, behind.

I turned over but found none, as I had a skeptical feeling in me. I can feel the loud thudding tone from my heart. As I have never felt this way before.

Suspicious...

I hurried inside the hostel by carrying Chiku in my arms. Reaching the room, I lay down on the bed as Chiku got on my chest. He nuzzles on my neck, as well as licking making me laugh.

We played together for a while, until, our time got interrupted by Harika as she's wearing a jet Satin tight dress. It is ending right above her knee.

"I'm going out with my colleagues, to a nightclub; you're coming with me too.", she declared openly. It left me extremely horrified to the core.