chapter one, back to school

Beep beep,beep beep,BEEP BEEP. His alarm was his reminder to wake up,he needed to get ready for school,picking up his phone he turned it off,his alarm was set for 7am,as he needed to get ready by 8.Picking up his school uniform which had been laid out messily on his desk chair which was next to his pc,he started getting ready.Loading up his playlist,he turned up his phones volume.'why'd you only call me when your high by arctic monkeys,is playing on spotify.He hated his school uniform,the colours on the tie are green,brown and yellow,to represent an acorn,he always thought it was nonsense but who was he to judge? Moving his Dirty blonde hair out of his face he picked up his phone to see a message from his friend,who he normally walked with.

"Yo Eli, are we still walking to school?"

Messaging his friend back,he replied with:

"Yeah sure,we meeting at the tree outside your house?"

Replying within 30 seconds his friend said:

"Yeah sure cya"

Turning his music off and Slipping his phone into his pocket,he walked down the stairs into his living room.There were his little sister and his mum.They were about to leave for the school run.

"Bye mum,bye Olive,have an amazing day" smiled Eli,sitting himself onto the sofa

"Bye,remember to get your lunch,it's on the worktop" shouted his mum walking out of the door, car keys in one hand,Olive's hand in the other.

Reaching into his pocket he checked the time on his phone 8:02.

Putting his phone back into his pocket he grabbed his nike backpack and his lunch then proceeded to walk out of the front door,locking the door on his way out.Walking down his road playwood drive he walked down to the highway, where his friend Luka lives.

"Eli,wassuppp,I wish you could have hung out during the holidays,but I mean if you're busy,you're busy!" exclaimed Luka with a smirk.

"Yeah,I wish I could've too but I was on holiday and I was hanging out with Heather" he said, staring at the floor and blushing.

"I forgot youse were dating" Luka said with a slight frown.

Heather was one of those popular girls who always had their skirts at the top of their thighs.

Silence was driving the conversation as they made their way to the school.

It is quite a gloomy building with many different areas known as 'blocks' that have different subjects,like c block which is used for food tech,design and technology,geography and History.

When they went through the green gates, they saw all of their friends huddled up around the area they usually meet,outside i block which is the english and music department.Heading Over their friend Noah looked at Eli and proceeded to shout:

"ELI,MY DUDEEE,YOU'VE ACTUALLY GROWN" said Noah in a happy tone which had energized Eli for the day.

"Thank you,thank you!" laughed Eli sarcastically,bowing at his greatest 'achievement'.

After socializing with his friends,he started heading over to his form.

His form tutor was one of the most strict in the school,his name is Mr Hilda,he was around middle aged and single,so Eli was not really surprised as he was not exactly a 'stunner'.

As soon as he turned the corner he heard someone shout his name.

"OI HADFIELD HURRY UP" shouted his form tutor, although he was 4 minutes early.

Walking into the room he took his seat at the back of the classroom.

When the rest of the form swarmed in 4 minutes later,Eli already looked bored and it was only the start of the day.Sitting next to him,Heather tucked her bright,blonde hair behind her ear and hugged him tightly.Grabbing her by the waist he hugged her back.