𝗧 𝗛 𝗜 𝗥 𝗧 𝗬 - 𝗧 𝗛 𝗥 𝗘 𝗘

-𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗜𝘀 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴-

TAYLOR

ABSENTMINDEDLY PLAYING WITH
the flowers she collected from nearby the small camp her and Daryl had set up for the night, Taylor wished all the thoughts running through her head would just vanish and go away.

      A lot had happened earlier that day, and she just wanted to go to bed and completely forget about all the events that transpired.

"Somethin' on yer mind?" Daryl asked her, and she looked up at him as he tended to the campfire.

"Nothing in particular, but a lot of things." She sighed, her fingertips tracing the silky petals of the flowers.

"Why don' ya' try yer notebook? It should hopefully help with gettin' yer feelin's out." He suggested, pulling out his lighter from his back pocket to light the campfire.

"Yeah, it's worth a shot." She said, setting the flowers down by her bag as she rummaged through it, pulling out her notebook.

———

Not only do I feel like shit that we left Merle behind, I wanna know more about that Albert Wesker guy. Of course, I don't want to be his experimental ginea pig, but there's so many questions around him. He already injected me with the source of the outbreak on top of my walker bite. My bite feels fine, but the injection site feels hot and itchy a lot. I want to tell Daryl, but I feel like he'll freak out that I'm turning into a walker even though I'm immune. It's probably best to just rest for now.

———

Sighing, she slid her notebook back into her backpack, feeling a bit better as she laid down near the campfire and slowly drifted off to sleep, hoping for a better day tomorrow.

———

DARYL

TAKING ONE LAST DRAG OF HIS
cigar, Daryl got up as he tossed it into the campfire, walking over to Taylor.

The poor girl had to grow up in the apocalypse getting little to no sleep, so he was happy when she did.

Moving a loose strand of her hair and tucking it behind her ear, he noticed something.

She felt a bit warmer than usual...

He wasn't a mom, but he had a general idea of when someone had a fever or not, and it felt like she did.