𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

[SHE]

2.03 || good luck with court

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Lacey sits on the bed in the hospital room with her step-father, idly swinging her legs as they wait for the doctor. "Alright, hi Lacey." Dr Miller says and the blonde smiles at the woman. "How've you been? Okay?" She asks.

"Yeah. Relatively. As okay as I normally am." Lacey responds. 

"No major changes in your health. Good or bad? No illnesses?" Dr Miller asks. 

"Well, I was at the school for my PSATs that day everything was really weird but I felt fine and I still feel fine." Lacey says.

"Okay." She responds, smiling at the blonde before grabbing the blood pressure cuff and wrapping it around the girl's arm. 

The doctor runs a couple more tests, taking some blood before grabbing her stethoscope to listen to the girl's heart. "Is there a problem?" David asks when Dr Miller frowns a little. 

"Lacey, have you started feeling better than normal recently?" Dr Miller asks. 

"I don't know. Why?" Lacey asks as she moves the stethoscope. 

"Sarah. Is everything okay?" David asks and the woman steps back. 

"Lacey, you're the healthiest you've ever been. You are as healthy as the average patient." Dr Miller says. 

"Well, that's a good thing. Right?" She asks, looking between the two of them. 

"It shouldn't be possible." Dr Miller responds. 

"I don't understand. If I'm healthy, why is that not a good thing?" Lacey asks. 

"Because you've still got an illness, Lace. You shouldn't be as healthy as the average person. In theory it's a good thing. Medically, it's not possible." David explains. 

"Well, is this not just a win we should take?" Lacey asks. 

"For now. Yes. But I want to keep an eye on you. So, we'll see you again a little sooner than normal. Make sure this isn't just a lot of good before something bad." Dr Miller says. 

"Okay." Lacey says. 

"Don't panic. It's probably nothing. Like you said, it's probably just a good thing." Dr Miller says. 

"I mean, you said good before something bad. That's kind of panic inducing." Lacey retorts. 

"Lacey, it's probably fine. We'll just have you back soon, okay? A month." Dr Miller offers and the blonde nods a little, picking at her thumbnail. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Lacey sits in the waiting room near the entrance of the hospital anxiously chewing her thumbnail after her appointment and after she sat with her step-father for ten minutes while he talked her out of completely panicking before he had to get back to work after making her promise someone was coming to pick her up. 

"Hey, you ready to go?" She looks up at the question and sees Stiles standing by the front desk before nodding as she grabs her bag. "Hey, Lace, you okay?" Stiles asks.