Chapter 1 - Sweet beginnings

It was a calm november evening, a little bit after the sun had set. Kaio was sitting in the living room with his two brothers, Pko and tko. Kaio was 9, Tko was 10, and pko was 11, each one a year older than the other. The fireplace was lit, the flames crackling and heating up the living area.

Their mother, Carol, unexpectedly got a call and had to leave. "Oh, drats.." she couldnt leave the three brothers alone, so she got an idea. She called up someone to watch them for her.

"Im sorry pumpkins, momma's gotta go run some errands!"

Kaio perked up. "Oh, okay! Bye mommy!"

"Bye mom!" Pko chimed in.

"Cya," Tko added.

Carol gave a warm smile before heading out of the door and closing it behind her.

Kaio looked at his two brothers excitedly. "Can you guys believe it? Mommy thinks were big enough to watch the house on our own!"

"Yeah, that is pretty great!" Pko responded with a smile.

Tko rolled his eyes. "Right.." he said before walking away and laying down on the couch, pulling out his phone to occupy himself.

Pko sighed, taking his attention off of tko and directing it back at Kaio. "If mom's gonna be gone for a bit, we should find something to do to entertain ourselves"

Kaio smiled. "Yeah! Lemme think uhhh.." he looked lost in thought, before he gasped. "Ive got it! Uno! Its a classic!"

Pko chuckled at his enthusiasm, he liked to see Kaio happy. "That sounds perfect, i'll go get the cards."

"Okay!" Kaio said as Pko went to the shelf.

"Alright, ive got them" Pko said as he walked back over, sitting down in front of Kaio.

Kaio sat down in front of Pko, his eyes filled with excitement. It may have been just a card game, but he loved uno. Pko shuffled the deck, dealing them 7 cards each and setting the deck down in front of him.

Outside it began to snow, the sun fully down now. The two brothers played uno for a while. Pko let Kaio win quite a few times, it didnt feel as fun if he was the only one winning every time.

Then, a loud chaotic beeping came from the television. All three brothers snapped their attention towards the screen and saw an AES warning blaring.

WARNING. WARNING. SNOWSTORM COMING. STAY INSIDE. DO NOT GO OUTSIDE.

"A snowstorm..??" Kaio questioned.

"And an AES warning?" Pko said. "Thats..different. it snows here every year and we've never gotten a warning like this." Pko furrowed his eyebrows. He pulled out his phone and called his mom, but it went durectly to voicemail, meaning her phone was either dead or off. That was even more odd, she always had her phone on.

"Tch, its probably nothing." Tko began. "Its probably just a dumb drill or someth-" he said before..

VYYOOOooommm....

It was the sound of all the power simultaneously shutting down. Pko glared at tko. Tko gave a fake look of confusion.

Kaio quickly looked around in confusion and fear. "W-what?! Oh my cob oh my cob oh my-"

Pko went over to comfort him. "Hey its okay, its only a snowstorm, itll pass, dont worry."

"Myemyemye blablah blah its only a snowstorm.. oh shut up, you bunch of babies.." Tko said in annoyance.