👒 001 👒

• Candice Grimes •

I had heard so many stories about him since that terrible night. Negan, that's what they all called him and that name was ridiculous but everyone was terrified and I could understand why.

From what he did to Abe and Glenn to what he almost made my dad do to Carl, as I washed the dishes in our kitchen safely within the barrier of Alexandria, my home, Everything I had heard played through my mind over and over, in an odd way the way he taunted and spoke reminded me of my weirdly sexy gym teacher in my junior year, that was a way better memory to focus on but it didn't last long, I was scared and I knew this strange man would come here, come to my home, and that terrified me, I decided to go help my father with whatever he was doing when I noticed the gate being open.

I couldn't help but stare, based on what my father and the others had said I knew who it must be, as the gate opened and I saw my father walking over I followed behind him out of curiosity "well hello there" the mans voice was all too deep and familiar and I walked around my father to get a better look "don't make me have to ask" his voice dropped clearly wanting in, he looked so familiar but where my mind went was impossible.

My school gym teacher wasn't a sociopathic killer, sure he was a perverted asshole and kind of an overgrown bully but he wasn't a sociopath or a murder, I couldn't put my finger on his full name for a minute, smith...

Dunnegan Smith.

And that was the writing on the wall that made me cower in fear, the name was ridiculous because it was a nickname.

What had the world come to? And how could I get out of here as fast as possible, I may or may not of had more then I let on with coach smith and considering the current situation that wouldn't play well for me, or probably for the group.

"You said a week. Your early." I was hardly paying attention to my dad, my eyes were fixated on him and as soon as he noticed his eyes became fixated on me and the way a light glinted in his eyes and his lips turned up in a smirk made me fear for my life, walkers I could handle but this man had become something much match worse and yet he made me feel weak in the knees, I was shocked my dad didn't recognize him but he worked a ton so mom was usually the one involved with school things.

"I missed you. And you." He said mainly to my dad before his eyes shifted to me, he then said something about 'calling it' and swung at a walker, my dad looked too dazed and confused by what he met to completely pay attention to his display, I hadn't been with them when they first encountered 'Negan' as he was apparently called now and I didn't know how I was going to explain this, my mom knew about my affair with my coach, it's why I was going to change schools before... well all this.

I looked over all the men ignoring Negans gloating as I realized they were going to destroy our home and take what was ours, I was livid and my eyes filled with fear.

"See that Rick! Candice! Now THAT was some service!" He swung his bat over his shoulder in a cheerful manner and my dad looked deeply unsettled as he glanced at me from the side, as did Daryl along with even more obvious confusion from within the group of men.

He gave a little monologue and gave his bat, Lucile I assumed, his wife got that thing for him and even back when he was my teacher it was named after her, poor woman had probably passed on, then he grabbed my wrist much to the unsettlement of my dad, Daryl, and the other guy and girl at the gate along with myself as he pulled me with him, my dad shoot me a look as if to say 'you best explain'