Prologue

The 21-year-old bride looked at herself in the mirror and sniffled. Her makeup ran down her cheeks. She couldn't believe she had to do this, that she had to marry someone she didn't know, didn't love, and because it was an arranged marriage.

 She looked out the window to see her parents and fiancé's parents welcoming the guests. Her father looks up and smiles at her. She scowls back and shuts the curtains. She cried again, tears feeling the hands that cupped around her face. Why, oh why is her father, her own loving father, making her do this? She doesn't love William and never will. Not even after their marriage.

Most girls would love to marry the hottest billionaire in all of the city, but certainly not Emely. She wanted to marry a sweet young man who shared her interests, made her feel safe, and most of all, someone who would love her. William wouldn't at all. 

The young bride thought of running away and never coming back, but she knew that they would find her even before she would even find a place to stay. She even thought of poisoning her fiancé, but she knew that the Princes' private investigators would find out it was her. And the Prince house was drug and poison free, so it was hopeless. 

Her friend, Gemma, knocked on the door. "Come in," said the bride, wiping the smeared makeup off her face as best as she could. The makeup stained her hands. Gemma came in her bridesmaid's dress. It was a violent purple and had ruffles. "Their ready," Gemma said, smiling. Emely smiled a fake smile back. She walked out the door, the flower bouquet in her hands. She felt her heart pounding as she walked down the aisle. 

She saw the faces of smiling relatives and friends as she walked, but then she saw her soon-to-be husband. She managed to keep the fake smile on her face. "You look beautiful," said William as she made it to the altar. She tried her best not to frown. 

"Let's begin," said the priest. And as he talked, the memories flooded back to Emely. One by one...