Sick of it

I was shoved up against the lockers, hard enough to hurt. My textbooks and supplies fall from my arms. Littering the schools hall. Sarah kicks my things, scattering them. I HATE HIGH SCHOOL."Hey GOTH GIRL, how are you?" Marcie says mockingly, making sure to emphasize 'goth girl'. I don't answer her. I know by now that its useless to fight back or to even talk back. It only brings more pain. I'm suddenly spun around.

"Answer her when she's talking to you!" Annabelle shouts. She slaps me, hard, pain flares across my cheek. But, I don't cry out. I won't give her the satisfaction of getting a reaction from me. Instead I remain completely silent. The bell rings. Annabelle gives me a final shove, slamming me into the lockers again. She walks away. Marcie and Sarah snicker and follow her lead. Once they've turned the corner, I start picking up my things. Tears prick my eyes, but I force them down. My name's Daniela. I go to a private school for the gifted, Amber High School . It's a stupid name, the school's named after Annabelle's' great-great-great-etc. grandma, Amber. I'm 17 and in the 11th grade. Annabelle, Marcie, and Sarah are prissy cheerleaders. They think they can walk all over others including me. Sadly no one stops them from mistreating and bullying others. This year I've become their latest target. Just because I dress in black clothing, have black hair, contacts that are very a dark brown that look black. I have a heart-shaped tattoo on my left cheek. But, I'm not emo! My nails are light blue, my favorite color. I'm not lying! I just don't have nice clothes. I'm poor and smart. My mom and I were kicked out of our old apartment. So, my mom got a job in the district. I'm only here because, I aced the entrance exam. I used to have lots of friends, but then I moved here and my, few, new friends ran off scared. They thought they would become targets too if they stuck around. My best friend Esmeralda moved away this same year to Chicago. Once I've gathered all my belongings I head over to the secretary's office.