Can you forget your first love?

- - Prologue--

I frequently hear that first love is bound to fail. However, first love is never easy to forget. I can associate with those two facts. I've known him for ten years and still adore him. I never imagined that this strange creature would become someone I hold dearest in my heart. I knew a man named Han Ryu Min in college.

I can still hear your cheerful yet deep voice through the clatter around me. I can still feel your presence on the crowded street.

I can still see your image and feel your warmth. The vision of a stranger passing by, the leaf that rides the wind and sways sorrowfully,
From the night air that brushes against my face.

Everything I see, hear, and feel is real. You've appeared. When I close my eyes in search of solace after a long day, you are the first person I see. You are the excitement I feel when the soft rain falls on my face.

I can't even remember when or how you became the only man capable of turning all these miserable yet comfortable feelings into my loyal companion. Why should it be you?

When you introduced her to me at the time, I knew.... All of our memories, which I cherish, aren't as precious to you as they are to me. Maybe.... Yes, my first love was crushed into little pieces that day. But... Deep... Deep within my heart, I still longing for you like a fool.

-End of Prologue-

    It's a beautiful morning to start the day. The sun is shining brightly. The warmth gives you the confidence to begin a new day, while also illuminating a happy vibe. You get ready to go to your new workplace, CNR Company, a large and well-known company in Seoul. You've heard, read, and seen a lot about this successful company with a wide range of products. It is everyone's dream to work for this company.

    You dress to complement the company's image. You apply light and refreshing make-up to highlight your flaws, check your appearance in the mirror, and it looks perfect. You want to present the best image possible on your first day as an assistant secretary.

    You leave earlier to avoid a busy time; you don't want to be late on your first day. You get on a bus and take a seat in the middle row, near the windows. You open the window to let in some fresh air. You take a deep breath, close your eyes, and smile. You try to put on your best happy face to greet this perfect day.

   You arrived at work 20 minutes earlier. You straighten your clothes, apply your make-up, and put on your best smile. You enter the skyscraper building with confidence. The interior of the building is lavish, classic, and comfortable. You notice a tall lady with brown short hair, dressed entirely in business attire, walking towards you. She has a stern facial expression and elegant vibe.

   "Lee Hyu Ri-ssi?" She confirms your identity. You straighten your back and respond politely. Soon after, she introduces herself as Kang Jae Hee, the head secretary of the CEO company, who will be your bosses. She invites you to her office on the 11th floor and will introduce you to the CEO.

    "He has a distinct taste, is a workaholic, has a solemn demeanor, and adores his cat, Elizabeth the 3rd." You're not sure how the last information about his love for cats relates to your job. Isn't Elizabeth the Third far too extravagant name for a cat?

    "Well, he never asks anyone but me to feed his cat." When she said but me, she used a pressed tone with a vague annoyed tone. You can tell she harbors some resentment toward the CEO.