I

Lonesome Little Mate is the third book after Broken Little Mate and Corrupted Little Mate. It is not necessary to read Broken Little Mate or Corrupted Little Mate but it might make more sense as to what's going on and why.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

*Princely's Pov*

I walked side by side with Luka down the street to get to his apartment. He brought up the topic of sports but I wasn't paying much attention. There was a gay couple right in front of us, holding hands, kissing occasionally. I thought I might barf.

"Princely?" He waved his hand in my face to get my attention back.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

The couple went into a small shop while me and Luka kept walking.

"What has you so distracted?" He asked.

I looked at him "You didn't see those faggots in front of us?"

He stopped walking "You shouldn't call them that and what does it even matter?"

I was taken back at his defense for them.

"It's disgusting."

"It's love." He argued.

"Men can't love men." I replied.

His jaw tightened "That's not true and you know it. You just have your bigoted head shoved too far up your ass that your spouting stupid shit to make yourself feel better."

I gaped at him, shocked. We had minor fights like most best friends but we never said anything harsh.

"What's your problem."

"You're my fucking problem. I'm sick of your fucked up homophobic comments."

I rolled my eyes "Get over it."

"No, you get over yourself. I'm going home..alone."

He shoved past me, jogging the rest of the way to his apartment.

I just stood there dumbfounded as to what happened. Luka was my only best friend apart from Lincoln and Cainis. No one knew about Luka though, except Bethany. Luka wasn't a shifter, which is why no one would approve of us being friends, but he knew about us because I kept no secrets from him and vice versa. I got the feeling that this fight was the end and I didn't want to lose him. I pulled my frozen body forward realizing almost five minutes had passed already.

I inhaled a few times before knocking on his door. Usually I would use his spear key but I figured I shouldn't test him further.

He yanked the door open "What?"

I gulped "Can I come in?"

"Whatever." He huffed, stepping aside.

I walked in, the door clicking shut behind me.

"So what did you want?" He asked, raising a bottle of Vodka to his lips.

I rushed forward grabbing the bottle before he could drink its contents.

"What the hell Luka, you hate alcohol."

He laughed "You know me, huh?"

I looked at him confused "What?"

"Nothing, go away." He pushed me away heading for his bedroom.

I latched onto his wrist preventing him from walking off again.