I Never Shoot To Miss

You're a loner, you sit in your flat everyday drinking too much, but that's your life, so you enjoy it.

You flick on the TV and toss the remotes onto your sofa as you lay down and watch the news, you love to see how the reporters stir the issues and express complete nonsense with the viewers, you go to laugh at something as you're eating a bag of crisps, but you automatically sit up, you stretch your arm and grab the remotes, rewinding  the TV back and turning it up, you see news that multiple buildings have blown up, all in London, you sit back and think to yourself as you bite your lip and look over at your small wooden table with your laptop there, you grab it.
You used to be a 00 agent, years ago, but you quit since it got too stressful, but now you think it's time to go back, your life has gone downhill ever since, so you fill out a form and a few other bits of information.

It's the next day and your phone is ringing, you quickly sit up and answer it, "hello, M speaking, you've got the job, please come down here whenever you can, preferably by 11am. We will discuss there, thank you." The phone says as M hangs up, your jaw drops as you fall out of bed and practically roll into the shower.

You're a woman, yes, but you love suits, your whole wardrobe is full of suits, that's why it's useful having a job where wearing suits (or at least something formal) is compulsory, so you put one on.
You look at yourself in the mirror as it's 10:33am, you forgot to do your tie, but you dont remember how.
It's now 10:53am and you finally got your tie on, so you rush out of your house, putting a snazzy pair of sunglasses on and putting your flat keys in your pocket.
You feel weird in a suit, even though you have millions, you haven't worn one since you quit, precisely 3 years ago.

You arrived and you're waiting in Miss Moneypennies office to see M, you catch Miss Moneypenny staring at you, "I apologise, you look familiar." She says, you smile, "probably because I am." You say, "oh?" She says, "I left this job 3 years ago." You say, "oh! Y/N! Fantastic to have you back, may I ask why you returned?" She asks, "my life went downhill ever since I left, I can't function properly without doing this job every day, plus, I was watching the news." You say, she chuckles slightly, "perfect excuse to come back." She says, "indeed." You say as M opens the door to his office. You knew the original M died and you have met Mallory before, but you didn't realise he'd be the knew M.
He examines you, "Y/N?" He says, "I'm surprised you all remember me." You say, standing up, "of course we do," He says, "please, come in." He says as you enter and he shuts the door behind you, "take a seat, we're glad to have you back." He says, "I'm glad to be back as well." You say as you sit down, "so, as you know, for safety precautions, of course, you'll have to go through the training courses again, I hope that won't be a problem." He says, "not at all." You say, "perfect, well, we have time on our hands, so we can start today." He says, you nod as the door behind you opens, "ah, Bond, take a seat." M says, you smirk to yourself as you hear Bond's name, Bond sits on the chair next to you and you both make eye contact, "Y/N?" He says, you raise your eyebrows, "I'm highly surprised a sophisticated 00 agent remembers my name." You say, he smiles, "well, I wasn't aware you have both met before, but that's even better," M says, "after you've completed your training, we will tell you whether you've passed or not, if you haven't, unfortunately, you do not have the job and if you have, you'll be solving a case with Bond." M says, you look up and down at Bond, "wow, I'm surprised he needs MY help, what an honour." You say, Bond and M smile.

You've completed the exercise training and you're moving onto targets, you were given a gun and had to aim for the head of a mannequin. The mannequin moves side to side as you shoot it 5 times in the head, you look behind you, M is there, "you haven't lost your skill." He says, "but that's only once, I'd like to see you do it again." M says as another mannequin appears and moves, you role your eyes, you find this incredibly easy, so this time, each time you take a step towards the mannequin, you shoot it, at the end, you look at M, "meet me in my office at 2." He says, you nod, noticing Bond was behind him watching you as well.