Journal of Schlain Zagan Analeit

Year XXXX, Month XX

I recall a quote by the leader of some foreign country from my old world, taught to us by one of my former teachers at school. It went something like "This is not the end. It may not even be the start of it. However, it is most certainly the end of the beginning". For that is exactly what this period signifies. The end of blindness and faith, and the beginning of a new age. We can never return to the previous world. And in all honesty, despite the horrors, I'm not sure I want to.

It has been exactly three months since the attacks against the System began, and the truth of this world finally revealed itself to the entirety of humanity. I can still recall with absolute clarity the moment the secret of Taboo LV 10 was unveiled, and the crimes of man put on public display. Chaos and anger in the cities and towns, my friend Hyrince, normally a man honorable and stoic, hollow-eyed with grief. Order was replaced by chaos as countries strained to survive, and each sought to ensure their survival. The news was carried to us by messenger that the kingdoms of Sariella and Ohts had declared war again on each other, though for what ends I cannot fathom. The Renxandt Empire and the Holy Kingdom of Alleius fell, their populations rising in revolt. Although I can understand and sympathize with the actions taken by <illegible>, it is an action that I must condemn. If the survival of humans and demonkind hinges on a massacre of such a scale, it is better that we face our end without resorting to such means. As the current Hero, the hope of humanity, I cannot let this be our only course of action. If a chance exists, however small, that this disaster can be averted, then I will expend my life striving for it. Humans cannot and in fact, should not be preserved if their humanity is not preserved with it; That is what defines us and sets us apart from mere beasts. It is not their place to condemn us for the crimes of generations past, and we must work together to ensure the survival of all. As the Hero, I cannot accept any less.

Ms. Oka...

Katia...

Fei...

And all my friends...

please forgive me.

<End of Journal Entry>

{Excerpt from the journals of Schlain Zagan Aneleit, Fourth Prince of the former Kingdom of Analeit, currently the Analeit Commonwealth}

{ Recovered from the ruins of the Royal Castle, destroyed in Unified Year 719 by the Queen Taratect}

{Presented by historian Arnold Baughman of the University of Ohts Historical Archive, at the 3rd meeting of the Nations of Man Summit, Unified Year 745, regarding the aftermath of the Great Human-Demon War}