All alone now

I was fast asleep in bed. And all comfy. Superheroes need their beauty sleep. That's until I heard a screeching sound. In the middle of the night. I mean it was  my night off the rota.

When I heard the screeching sound I had to get up. I look out of the window. Everyone else was looking out their windows. So I call the group. And tell them to check it out.

We are a group of super heroes with neurodiversity, some autistic some not. So of course some one will check it out. I ring and it continues to ring, which is odd. Someone should be answering the call. I try again in case they didn't get to the phone in time.

Bang.

I run back to the window. I think something is happening and I'm not going to have sleep. My brain starts firing up ready to process all the information. My superpower which is funny when I do struggle with that.

I grab my outfit and put it on. Just in case. It's a struggle getting it on, might need the next size up. Feels tight on my breasts. Need to let Gary know.

As I walk out of my flat the world seems different. I speak into the mic. "Hello any one there?" I ask. I pause putting the speaker to my ear, nothing. The night air is cold. I walk the streets are quiet. Expect for a cat chatting away to itself.

As I reach HQ something looks wrong. The lights flicker in the building. I run in full force, running up the stairs. My breathing quickening. The office is wreaked. Something did happen here. Even Gary's desk is destroyed. He was the assistant. He was terrible at is job, forgot what you told him. He had learning difficulties. But we loved him.

Thud.

A chair falls over by itself. Made me jump. It seems like it is just me. I just hate British villains making me get up from bed. But then again we are in Britain. Any villain from another country is more fun. Its just your own. I look around checking I haven't missed anything.

As I head out I notice crime has begun. A shop looks like it is being looted. I yell out to scare them off. They run off laughing. Season hill is one weird place. A big boom happens. I look around trying to find out where it came from.

"We are missing one" a guys voice yells. I hide and listen.

"I know that is why we are out hear to find her" a female voice snapped.

"Did you eat recently?" His voice with a tone caution.

"Ok I maybe hangery" the woman replied. I hear her quickly walk away.

"Wait up your going to fast" the guy calls out. I try and work out who their boss is. I know that they were meant to get me, and failed. I will smile to that.

I carry on the move trying to be quiet. Season Hill is large place and I know we have made loads of enemies over the years.

"Anna hurry up" I would hear the rest of the group hiss at me under their breath.  I would run trying not to fall over. It was that one time we were running away. It was in the early days when we were teens. I would call back and say I was, running through the woods. I don't remember what we were running from, but we were running. The boys were running far ahead with the  girls just behind and me far behind.

I carry on walking a tower is glowing. There are seven glowing circles, and what I can make out as figures.

It's them. And I run as fast as I can.