Rukmani Singh Hooda - From "the Paris of Haryana" to "the Paris in France"

Rukmani Singh Hooda was born on 15th May 1991 and bred in the city of Karnal, Haryana. With a serial business streak and a powerful drive to work, Rukmani currently heads the Business Development at FashionTV India with its head office in Paris. A pure marketing maniac, Rukmani has a demonstrated history of working across several industries including fashion, general management, operations, strategy, marketing and market research.

There wasn't anything too extraordinary with her upbringing, Rukmani's earlier years were spent studying at Pratap Public School in Karnal. However, after having completed school, she took charge of the steering wheel of her life and navigated it towards a career in media. She went on to do her BA (Hons) Media Management from Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad and later, a Masters in International Communications. In 2019, she graduated with a PG Diploma certificate in Marketing Management from Centennial College in Toronto, Canada before moving into a career in fashion.

Rukmani Singh Hooda took the helm of FashionTV India in 2021 but long before her rise as the international fashion media house's director of business development in India, she was already a marketing professional with over seven years of experience in marketing and sales. She started her first job as a budding journalist at the ABP news channel, where she was quickly promoted to a sales position due to her remarkable selling abilities.

From there, she moved through various management jobs including sales. She subsequently spent the next few years immersed in the marketing and business development worlds looking at how to build efficient management teams and deal with a variety of issues associated with managing growing businesses.

Rukmani spent the early years of her career working as a Marketing Specialist at Fortis Healthcare and then later joined as Assistant Manager of Sales at Bookmyshow. Post this, she had eventually found herself in an Assistant Sales Manager role for Unison Hotels.

Her expertise and experience are an added charm to her methods and make her a sought-after public speaker. Known for her vibrant personality-full of life and positivity, Rukmani is passionately making the ends meet and fiercely creating history in her own world. A multi-tasker who works relentlessly on multiple projects at once with utmost importance, Rukmani is often described as "ridiculously efficient" by her peers.

While pursuing her diploma course in Marketing Management from Toronto, Canada, Rukmani did a short stint working as a Special Service Associate with the world's best retailer- The Home Depot in Canada.

Her talents propelled her to the position of Director of Business Development at FashionTV India in 2021. Currently, Rukmani is based out of Mumbai where she currently oversees the sales and marketing teams at FashionTV.

Apart from her exceptional academic attainment and work expertise, Rukmani Singh Hooda is associated with many social organizations. Other than being a multi-talented, marketing mind, she is also a full-time philanthropist and human rights activist. You name it.

With a strong sense of giving back to the community, she has volunteered at the Delhi Police Department in the past. Rukmani is also a human rights activist who has contributed to raising awareness about the health issues regarding childbirth and family planning. With the intention to pull back the curtain on her life to empower women, Rukmani ensures wherever she goes, she empowers at least one woman and leaves them with a sense of motivation from her candid life experiences.

Her commitment to her community has placed her in various leadership roles today. While becoming staunch in the challenging business world, her resilient and powerful presence has inspired growth in multiple lives. From dreaming of making it big one day while growing up in "the Paris of Haryana" to now attending work meetings in "the Paris in France", Rukmani's life story is the living embodiment of the quote – 'Never give up on your dreams'.