graffiti ; jake

pair: jake x fem!oc
genres: angst, fluff (minor)
au: college student
warnings: language, insecurities, please tell me if i need to add more!
word count: 3, 427 (unedited)
status: completed

all she wanted to do was spray some graffiti, but he was there to stop her.

the full moon contrasted the dark shadows within the cityscapes of seoul. every human, although there were little to none, flocked away from the ominous, pitch-black spaces, as if repelled by a magnet.

no soul moved toward the alleyways. no noise came from the suspicious nooks and crannies. it was as normal, dark, and daunting as the uncanny time usually was.

after all, it was three in the morning.

yet, one average-built girl only stood in the shadows.

unlike the others, she avoided the lights. unlike the others, she ventured bravely down the streets and through the narrow passageways. her face was covered by a plain, black mask, leaving only her narrow monolid eyes visible under the stars. her body was shielded from the cold, harsh winter breeze with a thick black sherpa jacket. she had piled on layers and layers to protect herself from the chilling weather.

as always, she was prepared.

most people would wonder what she was doing all alone at three in the morning, especially in a big city such as seoul.

if she was going to be honest, she didn't know where she was going either. her strides were confident yet unbound. she could follow the stars all day until they led her on the right path.

the violent vibration of her phone distracts her for a short moment. her phone screen illuminates, showcasing a picture of her and her younger brother—the prodigy dancer, nishimura riki.

she loved her brother. she knew that. yet, she couldn't help but feel envious of the popularity his talents got him. sometimes, she wanted to scream to the world who she was.

i, nishimura yua, am not talentless.

why she's out in the middle of seoul late at night may just be her healthiest way to relinquish all the anger. the last thing she'd ever want was to lash out at the people she was closest to. so, she let it out the only way she knew how.

her strong footsteps finally came to a stop in the middle of a dark, empty alleyway. the bricks seemed to be worn out. remains of poorly removed paint were scattered across the expansive wall, etching a smile to her face.

the heavy black duffel bag slipped from her shoulders, thumping against the floor as yua closed her eyes. she tuned out of her vision, focusing on the smells and noises around her.

silence. save for the occasional drunken footsteps of college students going home or the patters of the small cockroaches that littered the street, all that stayed constant was silence. all she could smell was the grimes of oils from the restaurants surrounding her.