Day 1: Grumpy Cat

It was the beginning of December. The temperatures, though it was late autumn, were either freezing or below freezing, forcing everyone to bundle up to stay warm.

The wind blew the cold air into some faces. With students leaving the school to go out for lunch when the door was open, some people had felt the air and decided against going out. With Gotham already being colder than average, no average person would go out without it being necessary.

"We should stay in today. We can order some delivery since I'm sure we didn't bring anything." Marinette said, walking beside her friend. Taking a look into his face, she could tell he had something already planned.

"There's no need. Alfred has already planned and packed us both a lunch already knowing these turns of events." Damian said, not taking a peek at her face. If he did, he would have seen her face brighten up.

"Alfred's cooking is better than delivery," Marinette said, her smile getting brighter among every word.

It didn't take long for them to make it to the cafeteria. Stepping through the door, they walked towards their table in the back and sat down. Knowing no one else would sit with them, Damian unpacked the lunches from his backpack and gave Marinette hers.

Marinette thanked him, her smile never leaving her face, and took the lunch from him. Opening it, she found that there was a thermos, filled with what she didn't know, a plastic container containing a small salad, utensils, and a drink for her to have. Opening the thermos, she found that it had lentil soup inside.

Taking her utensils, she took her spoon and put a spoonful in her mouth. When the warmth and the flavor of the food fell upon her mouth, she moaned.

"Is there a way where I can have Alfred's cooking every day?" Marinette asked aloud, after swallowing her food. Damian, who had an idea in mind, had his cheeks darken slightly in color. Turning his head in the other direction, he had to wait for his blush to go down before starting to eat his food.

After five minutes of them eating, talking in between bites, someone had walked up to them, more specifically Marinette, and tapped her on the shoulder. Marinette turned around, making sure that there was nothing in her mouth, and saw one of her classmates, Liam, standing in front of her.

"Hi, Marinette. And Damian" He said, muttering the last part. Marinette waved to him, while Damian scowled. "Um. Marinette, as you know, homecoming is coming up and I just wanted to know," He hesitated. Though Marinette was his main focus, he could see Damian behind her, glaring at him. Marinette, oblivious to what he was about to ask, nodded for him to continue. "I just wanted to know if you could go to homecoming with me?" He asked.

Marinette's eyes widened at the question. "O-oh." She stuttered. Taking a breath in to compose herself, she looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry Liam, but I don't think I'm the one you should be asking to go to homecoming." She answered. "Not because you aren't a good guy, you're a great friend and everything, and I'm sure that someone would like to go with you to homecoming, but I just don't think it should be me." Marinette justified.

Liam looked toward the ground and nodded his head. "I understand. Sorry for wasting your time." He said, looking back up at her. Turning around, he headed somewhere else.

Marinette turned towards Damian, only to find him glaring at Liam's retreating figure. "Dami! Stop glaring at him." Marinette exclaimed, which broke him out of whatever trance he was in. He glared at her halfheartedly, but continued to eat his lunch, but not without a frown on his face.

"I don't know why everyone is scared of you. You're such a grumpy cat." Marinette commented aloud. Damian stopped eating and stared at her.

"I am not a feline Angel." Damian deadpanned.

"But you act like it. You're nice and soft, but you're always frowning." Marinette explained to him.

Damian turned away from her, mid explanation, with a blush forming on his cheeks. Marinette, already knowing the reason why, smiled, but her cheeks got pink too. If she found him attractive when he blushed, no one had to know.