𝗙 𝗢 𝗥 𝗧 𝗬 - 𝗢 𝗡 𝗘

-𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞-

-𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞-

TAYLOR AND THE OTHERS HAD
arrived back at the prison the following morning, and Rick had given her the rundown as she waited right outside cell block D for Daryl to make his recovery, or until Hershel said it was okay for her to see him.

"Me an' Carol went out scavengin'...an' I...I sent her away." Rick admitted, immediately earning a glare from Taylor.

"Why the hell would you do that!? Carol's one of us!" She argued.

"She killed Tyreese's girlfriend and another survivor when she found out they caught the virus. You heard about the two bodies that were burned alive?" He asked.

"...Heard from Carol. But Rick...what if Carol was just trying to protect us?" She suggested, earning a sigh from Rick.

"I did what's best for the group. While you guys were gone, more people died, and on top of that, walker's breached through the weak point in the fence line. We took 'em out an' got the fence back up, but uh...it's been a rough few days..." He explained.

"Tell me about it..." She groaned, leaning back in her chair as she massaged her temples.

Suddenly, the doors to cell block D opened, and out walked Daryl looking good as new.

"Oh thank god." She gasped, rushing up to him as she brought him into a tight hug, burrying her face in his flannel.

"Hey, babygirl." He chuckled, hugging her bsck.

"I-I thought I lost you; that I was too late. H-Hershel wouldn't let me see you until you fully recovered a-and..." She cried as he gently rubbed her back.

     "Shhh. It's alri' babygirl. I'm here now." He murmured, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

     "Good to see you awake an' feelin' alright." Rick smiled.

     Nodding, Daryl replied, "Feels good too. C'mon, kiddo. Let's grab some breakfast; I'm starvin'.".

     "Okay." She nodded, following behind him and down to the pantry.

"So," He said, grabbing a can of beans, "Hershel told me what ya' did. How ya' led Glenn, Michonne, Jordyn, an' Tyreese all the way to the university.".

Shrugging, she replied, "I just did what I had to. Deep down, I was losing my shit.".

"I don' care if ya' were losin' yer shit. I'm prouf of ya' kiddo, you stepped up." He smiled.