𝗙 𝗢 𝗥 𝗧 𝗬 - 𝗧 𝗪 𝗢

- 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐍𝐨 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝗴 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤-

TAYLOR

     "SOMETHIN' TELLS ME YER NOT
suppose' ta' be out here." Kenny said to Taylor as the two walked side by side through the woods.

     "That's because I'm not, but fuck it. I don't give two shits." She replied, her eyes trained on the vibrant green leaves hanging on the nearby oak trees.

     "Half expected ta' see Daryl walk up with ya'". He said, making an attempt at changing the subject.

     "Look, to be frank, I'm pissed at him right now. So Kenny...please...let's just...not talk about him, okay?" She sighed, looking up at the old man with sad eyes.

     "Yeah, okay..." He simply nodded before the two continued foward.

      That's when shots, explosions, and screams rang out, all originating from the prison as Jordyn ran up.

"What the hell is going on back there?" Taylor asked as Jordyn began to catch her breath.

"T-The Governor. He got new people; got them to march right up to our door with a fucking tank. He killed Hershel and now it's an all out fucking war." Jordyn explained.

"Jesus Christ, I-I gotta go back." Taylor said, beginning to rush foward, but Kenny stopped her.

"Taylor, yer gonna get yerself killed.".

"My family is back there; innocent people too! I can't just abandon them!" She argued, pointing back to the prison.

"Taylor, listen to me. Daryl would want us to protect you. The best way for me and Kenny to do that is by us leaving. There's no turning back." Jordyn said, kneeling down to Taylor's level.

"Yeah...okay..." She mumbled, fighting the tears in her eyes.

"It's okay. C'mon, let's get going. We'll need to find shelter for tonight." Jordyn smiled, grabbing Taylor's hand before the three continued foward through the woods.

———

THE SUN HAD SET OVER THE
horizon, and Taylor, Kenny, and Jordyn decided to hold up in a decently-secure corner store for the night.

Sitting by the gas lamp they had found, it being the only source of light to the interior of the store, Taylor sighed as she sat her book down, looking up at Jordyn who was opening three cans of food with a can opener.