1. Cliques

Life at Ridgedale high was no different than any other high school, I guess. An average group of hormonal teenagers in an average small town. There was only one big rule: stay in your place. You don't try to break free from the clique you're apart of, and you are only friends with the people in that group.

Just like at any other high school, what clique you were in designated where you were on the popularity scale. At the top of the food chain, you have the Plastics, the jocks, the rock band wanna-be's and the student council members. Next there's the hipsters, the EXO fan club, the pop punks, the art freaks, band, and the bookworms (yes, hello, that's me). Finally, you have the loners, sci-fi nerds, science geeks, the emos, and the burnouts. Basically your run-of-the-mill social groups.

I guess the clique system really isn't that bad. I mean, everyone in their respective groups all have something in common. It keeps a sort of order. The status quo, if you will. But even if that's true, that doesn't mean I have to like it.

× × × × ×

A/N: This story is dedicated to my wonderful friend Claire, who was the inspiration for this story. This first chapter is ridiculously short, and I promise that future chapters will be (somewhat) lengthier. If you liked this super-short chapter, please vote and feel free to leave comments! I hope you enjoy my story!
Xx Skylar