1. Sofia & Max

The job Sofia had just accepted was the opportunity of a lifetime and all her sacrifices in the hospitality world were finally worth it. The only downside was that she would have to face him and he had no idea about it. 

-----------------

Silverstone, 2018

"It is pointless to go out on a Sunday night!" Sofia complained as she walked out of a nearly empty pub. 

Sofia and her colleagues had just finished their shift at work. They all worked in a hotel chain in Silverstone which had been packed with F1 aficionados that weekend due to the British Grand Prix. She was the assistant manager and was working her way up in the industry after having started as a waitress.

"This was probably the craziest weekend of my life... jeez there were people everywhere." 

"Let's go find a club and drink to that. I can't deal with depressing pubs anymore..." Sofia said. 

As they got on a taxi downtown, Sofia checked her phone anxiously. She had been dating a guy who seemed to have ghosted her. It had been now 5 days of complete radio silence.

They arrived to face an unexpected queue. Apparently, everyone that worked in hotels in that area had decided to do the exact same thing as she recognised some of the faces. As the queue progressed the group of friends spotted familiar faces approaching. The bouncers immediately let them in.

"What the hell? They didn't even make podium today!" Sofia shouted from the queue making the three guys who just cut in line turn to face her. They looked somewhat amused. 

"Sofia, shut up. They won't let us in now!" One of her mates told her, afraid she wouldn't be able to get inside and mingle with the celebrities. They noticed the bouncer asking the guys something and they nodded. 

"I don't care! It's not fair that they have special treatment." Sofia protested. 

It happened to be Daniel Ricciardo, George Russell and Max Verstappen on a spontaneous night out. Sofia observed Max turning around to face her again before he walked in. 

"He was totally checking you out! Did you see that?" 

"I'm sure he wasn't! He's probably just pissed off I dared to say something." Sofia shrugged it off but deep down she was curious as to why he had stared at her before. 

As they managed to get into the club without too much hassle, Sofia spotted the guys in the VIP area already surrounded by girls desperate to get a piece of them and she rolled her eyes. She couldn't understand why people would go to such lows and be so ridiculous around celebrities.

With a Vodka Red bull in hand, she made her way to the dance floor. She was ready to let her hair down and forgot about the idiot who had ghosted her. Sofia took her denim jacket and wrapped it around her waist as she was starting to sweat. She looked up once again to the VIP area and noticed that Verstappen was no longer up there. Curiously, she looked around the club. Maybe he had already found some bimbo to hook up with. 

As she danced to the beat, her hair all over the place, Sofia noticed him walking in between the crowded dance floor making his way towards her. His eyes were on her as a lion gazes at his prey. She closed her eyes and pretended he didn't exist. It would look very silly if he was actually looking at someone else. Seconds later he was right in front of her. She watched in awe as he took a sip from the drink she was holding. 

"I like your poison!" He shouted in her ear. 

"Can't afford to buy one?" She shouted back.