TWENTY FIVE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Nella and I spent the last couple of days going over the spell that was needed to be cast on the Guidant's Locket, she had multiple breakdowns but I told her that she could do this

Nella and I spent the last couple of days going over the spell that was needed to be cast on the Guidant's Locket, she had multiple breakdowns but I told her that she could do this. Her magic and her powers were as strong as she wanted them to be, I believed in her and that's what mattered right now.

I understood the fear of doing it wrong but she was my only hope and without her this would all be pointless, especially knowing that the mission was planned in less than a month and training was becoming harder than ever.

Once Nella found that she had practiced enough, we took ourselves off into the woods, found a silent clearing and she did what she needed to do. The blood in the pendant began to shine through the gold, glowing like fairy lights at Christmas.

I knew that she had done something, I trusted her with my life. She was my only hope.

With shaky hands, Nella placed the locket around my neck and positioned it in the middle of my chest. For a second it felt like a forcefield had been placed over my body, a tonne of weight on my back but after a few moments it disappeared.

"What if this doesn't work?" Nella says with a shaky voice.

"It will." I state confidently.

Nella's weary eyes flick between mine. "Fuck, Cleo. If you end up dead because of me. This will fuck me up forever, you know that?"

"I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life like this anyway." I tell her as I grab onto her shoulders tightly. "But I know this will work. I know it, I believe in you."

Her lips tremble before throwing her arms over my body and hugging me tight. "I'm so scared." She mumbles.

My eyebrows crease and I hug her back, ignoring the burning sensation that erupts through my skin. "Being scared isn't a weakness. It shows you care. Just use that fear for determination. We will do this."

"Okay," she nods before taking a couple deep breaths.

"We've got this," I tell her confidently. "You're the only person who can help me, without you I might end up dead anyway. At least we have a chance with your magic and the locket."

Nella sniffles and nods back at me. "It just feels like a lot of pressure."

"You are so powerful Nella, we can do this. I promise."

"Alright," she breathes out as I attempt to rub her arm in comfort.

"You promise you haven't told anyone?"

"No."

"Not even Mace?" I flex an eyebrow.

Nella shakes her head once. "Not even Mace. As much as it's killing me to keep this from him, I know it's about you and it's about saving Hope and helping Alfie. I know it's for a good reason."