29.Closure

...Every word that just came out his mouth felt like a direct stab to my heart.

I didn't come here planning on telling him anything but right now, I feel like I owe him. I owe him at least that much after everything that I put him put through. I had- needed- to tell him everything.

_____

(Tine's POV)

"Wat"

He looked up, glistening eyes filled with vulnerability.

"Do you remember?" I asked, taking a breath. It's about time; I reminded myself.

He made short confused sound.

"Do you remember that night?

He was still looking up at me as his brows furrowed a little with confusion, passing a questioning gaze with his eyes asking me continue.

"That night when you came home from your music tour on our.." I trailed off as I savoured the memories that came flooding to my mind of that night "..anniversary" I felt a strange sting in my heart saying it.

He made a short hum as he closed his eyes. I couldn't quite tell what was going on in his mind.

"Well" I paused. I never thought I'd get a chance to say these words out loud "that was the night that I decided to propose to you. That was night I knew I wanted to marry you, spend the rest of my life with you" my breath hitched as I spoke.

"What?" His eyes immediately shot up "is this a joke?" He asked. It wasn't in a mocking tone, I rather wish it was but it wasn't, he said it in all seriousness.

He looked hurt - miserable - broken.

I didn't know how to fix this because I absolutely didn't come here thinking I was going to fix anything in the first place.

But right now I know I will, I don't exactly know how to but I will - I have to - I need to. I need to give Wat the closure that he deserves.

"What? No, Wat. Why would I joke right now? I know better than that"

"Do you though?"

Well I had that one coming.

"Wat" I called out softly "look at me"

He didn't. He isn't looking at me. Maybe he thinks I'm playing with him. Maybe he thinks I'm here to hurt him again. But I am not.

how do I tell him that I'm not here to wreck his life again.

"Please"

I gently took his hand in mine and he flinched at the contact. Oh how it feels to feel like the most trashy person on the planet.

"Wat, I promise I'm not here to hurt you again" I softly squeezed his hand in mine and closed my eyes shut to stop the tears that were threatening to spill any moment now.

"Then why'd you.. breakup i-if you wanted to propose.." he trailed off.

I took a deep breath and sat down on the couch beside me and signalled him to do the same before I started to speak.