Counselor

The light in the office had recently been repaired, making it a bit too bright for Megumi's liking. He nearly squinted at the woman sitting across from him. She had also squinted as she looked at the computer screen in front of her, occasionally pressing some keys on the keyboard and mumbling under her breath.

"So, you can take intro to visual arts or advanced ceramics."

Without much consideration, Megumi responded. "I'll take advanced ceramics."

"Cool, it's offered from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm on Wednesdays."

"Oh, it's a night class? I have something else at that time," he leaned forward in his seat. He lied about that; he just was tired of night classes. He did all his night classes last school year so he could avoid them. It had nothing to do with him being an "early bird", but he often found himself unavailable to do other things because his night was consumed by his degree requirements.

The counselor did not question him but just nodded. With the click of her pen, she scratched off that option on her sticky note and continued to scan the screen as if there were other options.

"Well, visual arts is from 10:45-11:45 in the morning on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. You don't have any other classes at that time."

"Guess I'll do visual arts then."