Pg. 1

Spring

Summer

Fall

A sense of dread takes over me and I briefly wonder when my time will come, when will my life end?

Another three seasons have passed and it's finally Winter and this dreadful feeling isn't getting any easier.

"Whatcha doin'?" A soft honey sounding voice fills my head as the sound reverberates throughout my whole body. I felt like I was on fire.

"Waiting for the coming months to finally end my life as I feel utter self-despair and pity for myself as I feel older and unimportant." The voice chuckles and my hair softly sweep against my ear. I relish in the moment as I would miss this when my time finally came.

"You're not even in your fifties yet. Save the mid-life crisis for another day and join me in celebrating christmas!" I look over to the excited person as my eyes crinkle at the side and a true smile is revealed on my face.

"C'mon, you know I'm an atheist. Don't make my mother turn in her grave, because she totally would." I was about to be done with my statement when a thought entered my head and I jab the person in their ribs softly. "She would probably say, 'I couldn't even get my daughter to celebrate Christmas, why are you so special? Humph.'" I giggle at my amusing thoughts.

"Well, I would tell your mother that I'm special because I'm your bestest and closest friend!" The girl before me beams and I feel a tightness in my chest as everyday could be like this. Happiness, no sense of dread, but true happiness and appreciation for life. But, I knew the end was nigh.

A sense of dread takes over my body once more as the demons were wrapping their hands around my body, attempting to consume me all. My throat was constricting as a tightness in my chest appeared again and I could feel myself spiralling.

Worthless. Pathetic. Go away! Monster! Murderer! No one wants you! You'll die alone on the streets! You amount to nothing in this world, not even dirt! You're ugly! Disgusting! No one wants to stay by your side. No one cares if you die. You have no talent. You have no true family. You have no true friends. No one wants you. Die in a hole! Die!

"-a! Ava!" I blink slowly as I look at the girl before me and I look down to her hands being on my shoulders. I slowly drag my gaze back to her face and my face screws up. She lets go of me as I was on fire and a light blush colors her cheeks as she seems embarrassed by her actions. "Sorry, I just- it just- I'm-...I'm sorry, it just seemed like you were spiraling." A half-hearted chuckle escapes past her lips as she rubs her arm. "Be lucky I didn't slap you." A weak smile cracks onto my face and I shake my head as I get up and I take my notebook with me as I shove my pencil into my hoodie pocket.