Introduction

Hello everyone, and welcome to my Genshin Impact fanfiction. 

Before we proceed to the story, there are a few things I would like to address. First things first: 

SPOILER WARNING!!! Everything from this point forward contains major spoilers for the plot of Genshin Impact, specifically the Liyue archon quests and Childe's character stories/quests. If you have not completed these, please either turn back or proceed at your own risk. 

Still here?

 Are you sure? 

Okay. Let's continue. 

About the rating: I'm hesitant to say that this story is appropriate for all audiences as it does contain violence, suggestive behavior, and some darker/more mature themes that kids should not be exposed to, but overall, I'm not one to load my stories with swearing, gore, and inappropriate content. If you're older than 13, you should be fine. Just keep in mind that there may be the occasional disturbing or potentially triggering scene. 

About the comments: Please refrain from posting profane, inappropriate, or disrespectful comments. No racism, sexism, or any other "ism's" (you know what I mean). Also, if someone does post something like that, there is no need to retaliate—I don't want people starting any arguments. Just be nice to everyone. Thanks! :)

About the story: The story begins a few weeks after the end of the Liyue arc. Everything that happens beyond that point is entirely made up by yours truly. Please do not accept anything stated here or in the following chapters as canon. 

About the ages: Lumine is 18 biologically, 500+ chronologically. Childe is 21. Tonia is 15. Anthon is 12. Teucer is 10. The legal drinking age in Teyvat is 18. Roses are red. Timmie is mad. Childe is Zhongli's wallet. 

About the subject matter: Guys...I'm a Childe simp. And many, many people aren't. The Genshin community is extremely divided in its opinions on Childe: either you love him or you hate him. I happen to fall into the "love" category, but for those of you who just can't stand him, who will either vomit or punch the device as soon as his face pops up on the screen, then just don't read this, and please PLEASE do not shame others for liking Childe or ships involving Childe. Do NOT read this just so you can comment on how stupid it is. This is supposed to be fun and entertaining, so if you don't like Chilumi, or Childe, or Genshin Impact, or fanfiction, or enemies-to-lovers romance, or romance in general, then you don't have to read this at all. 

But for my fellow Childe simps out there who'd like to see some Chilumi-themed enemies-to-lovers action, you've come to the right place. >:)

Some notes to keep in mind while you read: 

1. This is the first story I have ever publicly posted, so forgive me if my online behavior is...unconventional. 

2. My strongest skills as a writer are geared towards romance; meanwhile, I have absolutely zero experience in fighting or combat. Therefore, especially if you're knowledgeable about combat, please excuse my fighting scenes in case they're more cringeworthy than I realize. 

3. Dialogue is, strangely, my favorite thing to write, and therefore...my writing is quite dialogue heavy. Just letting you know. 

4. I may go back and edit/rewrite some scenes in the future. 

5. I had to make up a few names for people in Childe's family as many of them are unknown. Those names are not canon. I tried to find Russian or Greek names, considering the family's origins (Snezhnaya, aka Tsarist/Soviet Russia) and current naming themes (Ajax and Teucer, from Homer's Iliad). 

6. I didn't know what to do about certain game mechanic-related issues, such as: how do characters store their stuff? Do they have any other outfits besides their default? Where does Paimon go when she disappears? What happens—and what can happen—to the Serenitea Pot when Lumine or other characters enter it? You will see the answers to these questions pop up during the story, just some little decisions that I made along the way to simplify things. I mostly just went with whatever was convenient, so just know that when you encounter one of these. 

7.  Childe does not call people "comrade" in this. Why? Because I said so. (Because the comrade thing bothers me, they just had to throw a communist joke into the English translation. They should've just kept ojou-chan. It's so much more endearing.)

8. Childe does not smell like a "salty ocean breeze." I know he's from a seaside village and his vision is hydro, but if you really think about it, can you imagine if someone actually smelled like the beach? I mean...that's kind of gross. 

9. Feel free to write spin-offs of this story or make fan-art, or anything else along those lines. I'm not sure why you'd want to, but if you do, I'd love to see it! Other than that, though, please do not post this anywhere, plagiarize, etc. All rights reserved. 

10. Yes, the beginning is slightly plotless, but I have some juicy plans for later in the story, so just know this: it gets better. 

Update: Illustrations! I will be adding original illustrations to the story, so stay tuned. I also made an announcement on my profile page. 

Now, we have almost reached the end of our introduction. Following this section is the formal summary. (I originally kept it in the story description but decided to change that as the summary itself contains spoilers.) Now, without further ado, Norin the Rose humbly presents: 

The World Looks Glorious in the Snow