Chapter 1: him

"RUN RUN RUN," I heard Sonya yell as we were so close to escaping this piece of garbage we call the maze. And then Harriet shouted my name "MILA,"  I quickly turned around. A griever standing in front of her. I did what I thought was right "HEY OVER HERE YOU BIG SLIMY MONSTER," it turned around and started to charge at me as I ran. "GIRLS AND ARIS KEEP RUNNING AFTER MILA," I heard Rachel yell. The griever let out a shrill and I looked back to see a spear in its slimy body. " WHAT  THE- RACHEL THAT'S ONLY GOING  TO MAKE IT MORE  ANGRY," Sonya said as I chuckled but that was soon cut off by my body slamming into hard metal floor. I let out a groan as I hear Aris shout "NOOOOOOOO," I saw multiple girls quickly try and stop it from stinging me but they couldn't. It was about to sting me until Ashley jumped in front of me. "ASHLEY," I screamed "Mila leave her we need to keep running," Joanna said. I nodded as we kept running until I hear Lily scream. I turned around in horror watching the griever sting my sister straight threw her heart...
"NO NO NO LILY," I sat up panting and breathing heavy. As I calmed down I grabbed Lily's jacket hanging from Rachel's old bed seeing as she was already taken to the safe haven. I put on my sisters jacket ready to go get dinner I don't know why I even go anymore. I have no one else Aris doesn't talk to me anymore because he thinks I'm the reason that Harriet and Sonya randomly disappeared. Everyone else acts as if I don't even exist but when they do talk to me they call me 'lonely or stupid b-'  but I get my food and mind my business that was until I heard the door open and a group of new guys walked in. I quickly looked over at Aris who for the first time in three weeks looked at me and nodded. This was it we are going to get out of this place. Aris walked by me but before fully walking away whispered "although I am mad at you I'm not leaving without you because if Sonya and Harriet are out there I would be a monster to not bring you along," I nodded in response as a silent thank you. I then heard someone call out " HEY YOU LONLEY B-," I slowly looked toward him as my face fell out of embarrassment and hurt. "Hey you bloody shank leave her alone in case you haven't noticed she seems to be clearly upset that you would even imply that so why don't you shuck off," this time hearing an unfamiliar thick accent. I looked at the person who said this and noticed a blond boy I smiled softly at him as if I was thanking him. He smiled back softly in return as if saying you're welcome I noticed the boy who made fun of me stare at me in shock along with his friend. At the same time they both said "dude that's the first time she's smiled in three weeks," I looked back at the blonde and the rest of his friends from the new group. I watched as all his friends looked at him patting him on the back as he looked at me with a sad look in his eyes. I got up and started walking towards the door and to my room. As I got to my room I took off my sister's jacket and walked to the sink in my room and washed my face with cold water. Then I grabbed my toothbrush brush trying not to look at the other girl's toothbrushes but failed miserably.
"Finally we're safe, free from that awful maze," Sadie said as she plopped down on a mattress. I giggled at her actions.
Before I could start tearing up I quickly shut down the memory and closed the cabinet where the toothbrushes are kept. I just couldn't understand why I still haven't got taken to the safe haven but oh well. I brushed my teeth and quickly put up the toothbrush. I then put on my pjs and climbed in bed however I tried not to fall asleep until I did...
"Mila don't try to save me just go oh and take this," she took her jacket off from around her waist and handed it to me. "No Lily I'm not leaving you," I started crying as she kept refusing to go when suddenly Kalyn had dragged me away from my dying sister. I didn't try to get free from her grip seeing as I felt so numb. "Alright Mila's In no condition to fight or run," Kalyn told the others I sat there in horror not long after I looked up only to see my sisters lifeless body being used as a volleyball. That was until they let her body fall and her body splattered on the ground.
"LILY," I shouted in a panic I guess Aris was in the vents because he quickly got up out from underneath my bed. " What in the  world is going on Mila," he looked at me while I tried to start breathing normally again. "It's nothing don't worry about it," I told after a few moments of silence I asked "What did you find out," he looked at me hesitantly. "One of those new guys is named Thomas and he actually believes me about this place being suspicious so tomorrow night we are going to confirm it," he paused looking at me "go on." He sighed and looked at me before continuing "if we can confirm we leave the night after tomorrow," ok that's not too bad. "Do it will just be us three," I asked unsure of the 'we' he kept using "no it's us three plus the rest of his group," I nodded understanding when out of no where my door opened. "Oh sorry I must have taken a wrong turn," it was that blond boy "oh no it's ok really the first night can be pretty tricky," I giggled as he was still apologizing but he stopped after registering what I said. "Ok well I'm just going to head out," he said while smiling so I smiled in return after the blond boy left I looked back at Aris. "They weren't lying when the said you smiled for the first time in three weeks."