Starlight

It was the night before her first date, and Mattie couldn't be more excited. As she goes through her closet eagerly, her mother enters the room, She takes a look over her daughter's bedroom, seeing how her precious daughter has grown over the years. A small box under the bed you can see a collection of old drawings of her imaginary friend, Starface, from when she was a child.

     Her daughter's ballet slippers hang from the door handle, and she handles them with care, running her thumb along the tattered cloth as she reminisces. Her memories are broken as a pair of combat boots are tossed onto the floor in front of her, where she looks up to see her daughter making a mess of things.

     Her father enters and clears his throat. He tells her to clean up properly and get ready for bed. Mattie turns and nods her head, ready to give an apology. She moves over to pick up her boots and gives each of her parents a kiss on the cheek before rushing to clean up her things.

     She takes a quick shower but when she clears the mirror of steam she discovers a pimple on her forehead. Mattie can feel the panic rise from her chest and burst from her lips. "You've go to be kidding!" She slides herself down to the floor, clearly upset and ready to call her date to cancel, but the commotion brings in her mother.

     Her mother rushes over, getting down on her level as she asks what's wrong. After a moment, her mother gets up to grab something. She raises her daughter's chin and kisses her forehead, placing a small star patch over the pimple. "Don't cancel anything just yet. Get to bed, my love."

     That night, Mattie dreamt of Starface. They boarded a spaceship and flew into the stars, passing several planets and galaxies along the way. They reached a planet that needed to be saved from the great Pizza-Face monster. Mattie was terrified of it at first, but Starface showed her that the star on her forehead gave her super powers.

     With her Starlight powers, she fought the great Pizza-Face monster with Starface. Just as things were looking bad, Mattie's mother appeared to help! Together they defeated the monster and saved the planet.

     When Mattie woke up, she ran to the bathroom and took the patch off, revealing a clear face! She found herself with new confidence. That night, as Mattie is finishing up, she hears a knock on the door. Her mother calls for her, and she rushes down. 

     When Mattie opens the door, her date is standing there. Her pale skin is illuminated by the streetlights, and she asks Mattie is she's ready for their date.

     Mattie's brown eyes beam with happiness and she calls out to her parents that she's leaving. The two women have a full evening ahead of them, and Mattie is thankful her old friend could help her again.