Princessnapped! (A Naruto Fanfic)

Princessnapped!

AN: Hello there! I started writing this story a couple months ago. I admit, I’ve been losing a bit love for Naruto but I hung in there and this just came out. This chapter right here is raw, as in I haven’t heavily edited it yet. Please enjoy. Oh! And the pairing is ItaHina or ItachixHinata. This is a pure fanfic as there are NO OCs!

Chapter 1: Anticipation

The ice princess walked down the vast hallways of the Ice Palace with a small skip in her step. Her giddy appearance was pretty apparent. In just a few days time she would be betrothed. She could hardly contain her excitement. ‘Soon I will have my happily ever’ the princess thought happily as she entered the grand dinner hall.

“Hina!” her  younger sister said Hinata sat down at the dinner table. “You’re so lucky!” Hinabi was one for romance. She too wanted to get married very soon. Hinata simply smiled as she knew the other’s statement was correct.

Dinner was served shortly. A peasant would have said it was the feast of the gods, but for royalty it was just an everyday thing. There was always plenty of food left behind that servants could throw out to the rustics later. Halfway through dinner, King Hiashi cleared his throat, getting everyone’s attention.

“Hinata you must start packing immediately.” He said with a strong voice. “It is a two days travel to the Land of Fire. You will ride by carriage.”

“Are Hinabi and you accompanying me?” Hinata asked, not wanting to be alone on this trip.

“Unfortunately we can’t come along. We’d love to but there are very crucial matters here that need to be handled first.”

The princess’s throat grew dry. This is what she had hated for years. He always put everything or anything possible before Hinata. It even seemed that he favored Hinabi more than her. Was this wedding just a task for him to get her off of his hands?

Hinata started packing the many clothes she had in her wardrobe. Most of them were frilly dresses, alluring gowns, and sophisticated-looking skirts. While digging through her enormous closet, she spotted a pale pink box tied with a thin, purple ribbon. She didn’t recall seeing that before. Placing it in her lap, she carefully untied the delicate string and opened the box. The first thought that came to the princess’s mind was that this item must have been part of a prank. It was lace pink lingerie, adorned with straps and all. Hinata knew exactly who had done this. She giggled and closed the box. The item did make the Ice Princess blush slightly. ‘If I were to wear that for him…’ she couldn’t even finish her thought without feeling light-headed.

There was a small knock coming from her door. “Come in!” she called and continued stuffing clothes into her many suitcases.

“Princess…” the voice came from her main servant, Deidara. “Do you need any help?”

“I would appreciate it.” 

They were silent most of the time as they quickly finished packing. All the clothes the princess wanted was kept in 3 very big wooden chests. She made sure not to forget the little “gift”. 

“Thank you Deidara.” She bowed politely.

“You are too kind princess.” Deidara grinned. “It was a pleasure to help you.” He bowed as well.

“What the king didn’t mention was that I would be accompanying you on this trip.”

“That’s wonderful.” She smiled. At least she would have someone to socialize with. The blond kissed her hand lightly and smiled up at her.

“You should get to sleep Princess.”

“Alright Deidara-kun, goodnight!”

“Goodnight.” He departed leaving Hinata alone in her bedroom. She put on her gown and slipped into bed.”I wonder what he’s doing right now…” she was thinking of the Fire Prince, Sasuke, the one she would be betrothed to. From his dark onyx eyes, to his courageous attitude, Hinata thought he was perfect for her. She stared at the ceiling, mentally beckoning sleep to come to her. Tonight would pretty much be a sleepless night anyway.

The prince was excited as well. He’ll be a married man. The downside was that he could no longer flirt and play with the attractive women he came across. It was time for him to grow up anyway. A couple years from now he would fully be in charge over the Fire Kingdom.  It was really because his older brother had been banished from the kingdom. 

At the moment, the prince was standing at his balcony that overlooked the rolling wheat plains of the Fire country. ‘When the hell is that man going to harvest all of that anyway?’ this was a random thought that appeared in the young man’s mind. Thinking back to Hinata, Sasuke was actually pleased that he would marry her. He had been infatuated with her at a very young age. She was truly, ‘the perfect girl’.

Figuring that he might as well go to bed, he walked into his bedroom and closed the doors behind him. ‘We don’t need anyone trying to assassinate me tonight.’ He found his room a solitary, in which he could have his private moments. Even the prince’s own living room wasn’t private enough since servants would rudely barge in. Anyone wanting to contact him at this late hour would get his signature death glare.

Stripping down to nothing, he slipped into his own bed and sighed. His eyes lingered on the whiskey that sat at his bedside table. He always liked a drink before going to bed. Tonight, he too, would have a sleepless night. 

Tomorrow, preparation would be made for their wedding. This would really be an experience for him. He poured himself a glass and drank it all in one gulp. His mother would scold him if she saw him doing this right now. Setting the glass down on the table, Sasuke pulled the sheets of his bed up to his neck. He hated the cold. Closing his eyes shut, he thought of Hinata, his approaching wedding and oddly, his brother.

The mysterious long-haired man sharpened his sword. Tomorrow was the day of the planned attack. They had prepared well, pinpointing the party’s exact location around 12 o’clock noon. His spies had helped him greatly. He would take back the woman that had been taken away from him.

AN: Whooo there goes my attempt at leaving a cliff hanger! Please leave a review as I want you guys feedback ^-^; . There is muuuuch more to come so uh stay tuned I guess. 

-WaterDrops