Entering The Field

It was a warm morning on Sanghelios, Ethan, Finley, and Bryce were on a standard outpost job trying to think of ways to keep entertained. Bryce was sharpening his knife at the table, Finley was sitting near the window reading a book, but Ethan was busy reading up on other mission reports from other spartan teams. The wind was light and smelled of covenant synthesis, but from inside the helmet, he could only smell pine and other forest smells. The spartan had made a custom of putting decent smelling things in the air filter of his helmet, it helped him focus, it was like being back on earth.

    Finley looked out the window at the world around the blind they had made from rocks and sand, it looked like something that the Elites might build. She studied what she was seeing until a radio chatter came over the coms, "Alright spartans, you are good for mission, the light is green. Get in there, take the target out, and get the hell out of there." The fireteam knew exactly what needed to be done, their target was a heretic of the Swords of Sanghelios, Aman'zur, he was known for his proficiency with the energy sword and the plasma rifle. Bryce holstered his knife and knocked twice on his helmet, "Right, let's get going then" Ethan grabbed his battle rifle and placed it in the holster on his back before ammunition checking his sidearm, Finley grabbed her assault rifle and got ready for the mission.

     The fireteam made their way into a covenant-esque compound where the heretic was last spotted. Bryce took out anything that would be an immediate threat from a range back at the blind. He was quite good with the sniper, being an ODST meant he was the best of the best. Ethan and Finley made their way through hallways and corridors, trying to be as quiet as possible while making their way to the pinnacle of the building. "Ethan, what if Aman isn't here?" the female spoke quietly, "He will be, if he isn't, we will track him down like the last target." before they knew it, they had gotten to the last room, Ethan threw in a flash grenade and began to light the enemy up with a layer of cover fire while finley checked for any other motion, so far there were no alerts.

 The room got quiet before the elite decided to show that he was there, "You think you can enter my fortress and stop me from letting the covenant have my knowledge? You are sorely mistaken, there are only two of you" Ethan gave a chuckle and pointed past the elite and spoke softly, "Three actually, look just there" The elite gave a turn with a skeptical look before seeing a distant shine and a partial flash, suddenly there was a shiny new hole in the glass and the elite dropped to the ground, "Good work Bryce, how are those new rounds treating you?" after a second a voice came over the coms again, "These things are crazy, look at how clean that hole is in the glass. Command, this is ODST 9803, mission is cleared, target is down, I repeat, Aman'zur is dead."