three gays who are also insomniacs

[an//ok so, this is a quirkless hero deku au, fuck everything, but thats not the purpose of the story so yeah. ALSO LET IZUKU SWEaR DONT MAKE HIM THIS CUTE UWU SWEET LITTLE UWU SOFT BOY MANS HAS ENOUGH TRAUMA TO FILL A SMALLTIME RESCUE HERO AND THEN SOME
also, everything still happens, kirishima just receives ofa instead of deku]

anyways: welcome to 3+1 of izuku, shinsou, and katsuki being super gay and tired. it's also crack, because of course it's crack, who DOESN'T like crack? (i'm just gonna leave that as it is)

—i—

it had been awhile since Izuku had gotten more than two or three hours of sleep a night. a long time, actually; since the first year of secondary school, when the bullying riled up. nightmares plagued him and his dreams, and his thoughts, instead of being that of a normal secondary-schooler, were riddled with anxiety and sleeplessness.

since the third week of year one of secondary school, izuku midoriya couldn't sleep.

he decided, less than two months in, he hated exhaustion.

he was just so fucking tired, in all sense of the word, and decided to say a collective, "Screw it, if I can't sleep, I might as well go into a very niche gaming community." this, he was launched and welcomed with far too open arms into the tiny, albeit very active, community of pre-quirk era games.

but dear lord, izuku was just tired, and he couldn't even think most days. generally (as in all the time), he ran on autopilot; go to sleep at twelve to five am or not sleep at all, get up at five am, get dressed, make coffee made of too much expresso for the human body, go for a run for an hour, shower, more coffee, the three morning classes (try not to fall asleep dipshit), eat (more like pick at your food, but please do eat) for half an hour, hero classes, go to the dorms, do homework, 'socialize', play video games, try to sleep, fail, go and do shit on your phone till you pass out or your 5-am alarm goes off, and repeat.

only when the height's alliance was constructed and everyone had moved in had he realized this was not normal. yes—his mother had a somewhat good sleep schedule, but swing shifts and emergency shifts at the hospital made that piece of shit look like the normal outline for him to base his own off of.

some people were able to go to bed at eight or nine pm wake up at eight and go to class at nine. which, to izuku, was incredibly confusing. who in their right mind falls asleep at eight or nine? that's so much time wasted, and wasn't their circadian rhythm supposed to keep them up until at least one am?

no, izuku, no. you just have insomnia and a severely fucked up circadian rhythm, you sleep deprived fuck.

whenever they had a class-wide movie night, he'd always be the last one up; allowing him to play genshin impact or whatever game he wanted on his xbox one or switch after setting it up (only god knows how he got an xbox one and nintendo switch for such a cheap price. (well, actually, he just stole them and a shit ton of boxed games from an old warehouse that had been abandoned and APPARENTLY they went for hundreds of thousands of dollars but lets not talk about that right now)). maybe, just maybe, someone would wake up at five am and be amazed, confused, worried, or downright done with him, while he simply stared at the giant tv on the couch, wrapped up in his blankets, blasting pre-quirk era music—god, he had three fixations—playing his game like he had been for years (and in fact he had been).

One time, iida had woken up to get water on the Sunday after their game night, and watched izuku play his game (it was tetris for the switch, connected to the tv) for a full thirty minutes before saying 'no, no. no thank you, i'm just not going to question it' and going back to sleep.

on another, kacchan had woken up after he was forced to watch the little mermaid on dvd on izuku's xbox one (nobody even knew why he had an xbox one, or an orginal dvd with the dick-looking towers on the cover of the little mermaid) to see izuku playing fucking genshin goddamn impact like his life depended on it, fighting a boss, the buttons on his controller audibly being pressed rapidly as he swapped through his team—kokomi, chongyun, sucrose, and xiangling—afterwards going to the wish menu (he had a...few thousand crystals spare. damn you addicting, pre-quick era loot boxes) pulling ganyu and nearly screeching when he saw her pop up from the ten-wish pull, along with a second xiao and a fourth xingqiu mixed with the next three batches. (he had stupidly good luck.)