This Used To Be a Fanfic, This Used To Be a Writer's Dream

Summary - Wattpad wiped out 68 of my stories including "Fight Me, Bite Me," without notice, and have lost my support.

---

This is the SECOND TIME "Fight Me Bite Me" has been reported and completely removed from Wattpad without me being allowed to even fight it or any hope of returning it, besides reposting all 70 chapters.... a colossal headache that can take me MONTHS depending on the limited "writing time" I squeeze in which should NOT be spent reposting stories like that.

...

Wattpad email: We've been notified that you posted some restricted content in the following story:

...

This is followed by SIXTY-EIGHT LINKS!

None of those links work.

Not a single one.

Because guess what?

Those stories are already obliterated.

Thanks a whole fucking lot, Wattpad. Real nice of you to give me BROKEN links.

AT LEAST ON FANFICTION. NET I get an email warning me of impending removal, and I have time to challenge it or remove offending material. I've done that in the past. It's a pain in the ass, but it's better than losing all of my precious comments from readers.

AT LEAST ON AO3 they tell you precisely which rule you broke and give you time to resolved the issue, then they will restore the fanfic.

I have NEVER had a story removed from those two sites.

However, on Wattpad...

This is the second time they have mass-deleted my stories, with no warning, no chance to correct a problem, no explanation of what I did wrong, and NO HOPE OF RECOVERY.

Worse, there was no way for me to see WHICH stories were targeted. Because guess what?

THE LINKS DO NOT WORK BECAUSE THE STORY IS ALREADY OBLITERATED!

Why list 68 broken links, huh???

Fuck Wattpad.

So I'm left with absolutely no idea which stories were removed or WHY they were removed or even a glimmer of hope of having my stories returned to their rightful place.

Hell, I once got in trouble on AO3 for excitedly announcing my new novel with links to Amazon and [REDACTED] a donation site I can't even mention by name or else I might be deleted. I didn't realize THAT WASN'T ALLOWED. I had been linking to donation sites for years. When I emailed them and explained that I would 100% comply with the rules, but I was in the middle of a personal crisis and would need more than 3 days to clear up all the offending links, they kindly granted me three weeks.

I complied to the rules. You see, they were happy to have my story there, so long as I followed the rules, and I want readers to enjoy my stories, so I'll do whatever it takes to make the admins satisfied.

Best of all, they were empathetic with me needing more time. They personally emailed back. They thanked me.

Maybe learn a fucking lesson there, Wattpad!!!

So...

FMBM is completely gone.

Likely, the 68 links are to individual chapters, but since I had not yet uploaded 68 chapters on FMBM, I can only imagine that many more of my stories were targeted.

I have no idea which ones.

BECAUSE THE FUCKING LINKS DON'T WORK!!!!!

I have 180 fanfics. Do you expect me to keep track of them all across 4 platforms??? Sorry, Wattpad, but you're not THAT special to me.

I have 179 fanfics. Do you expect me to keep track of them all across 4 platforms??? I have 179 fanfics. Do you expect me to keep track of them all across 4 platforms???

...

Wattpad email concludes: According to our policies, accounts that violate Wattpad's guidelines will be closed without notice. This can include (but not limited to) comments, private messages, stories, and media. Because of this, we are unable to restore the account in question. Thank you for your understanding.

...

And that's it. "Without notice." Because customer support and all the emotional investment placed into these stories from thousands of readers means absolutely jack shit to Wattpad.

So yeah....... Fuck Wattpad.

The ONLY reason I even began to post on Wattpad was I was sick of reporting "Wattpad thieves" on a weekly basis. These people steal my stories, claim them as their own, rack up tens of thousands of views; meanwhile, my original story has a few hundred views. They get lauded, while I get reviews like, "Hey, did you steal this? Because I read the same story on Wattpad, you pathetic plagiarizer."

Wattpad racks in the hits from MY stolen stories (and I'm sure they financially gain from it all).

Fuck Wattpad!

So, that was the only reason I posted FMBM on this site. TWICE.

It's the only reason why I joined the platform at all. PURELY to stop all the rampant theft. Because I had to report FMBM Wattpad Thieves over 100 times, so I thought it would be less of a headache to simply post my stories here.

And yet they are STILL stolen, although the story is LITERALLY RIGHT HERE. In the end, joining Wattpad didn't lessen the number of Wattpad Thieves.

Instead, my stories get deleted.

"Without notice."

Frankly, I'm sick of this website. They obviously don't care about reader or writers. So why should I care about THEM?

The ONLY good thing about Wattpad is the way readers can comment on individual paragraphs. That's kinda cool. Otherwise......

FUCK WATTPAD!!!

I deeply apologize to all of my readers, but I will NOT be uploading this story onto Wattpad FOR A THIRD TIME.

This little rant of mine is going to sit here purely to explain the issue and hopefully to discourage the Wattpad Thieves.

It likely won't work. They're mosquitoes, after all, sucking the creative juices of writers without any care to the YEARS of hard work that goes into writing a 500,000-word story.

A bit like Wattpad itself, actually. No wonder the thieves are so rampant on this website. Flies attract to the same smell of shit.

Well, Wattpad can lose their readership for all I care.

You wanna read FMBM, use AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/works/911674/chapters/1766349