PART 25

Third Person's POV

Another day,Another trip.It had been a couple days since that night and now all three of them were sitting in the same SUV in their previous seats.Rose's expressions changed while reading the draft of the winner of her publishing company's yearly best work competition.

Roselyn's POV

This simply can't be it....It's amazing but somewhat very similar to her story,And the thing is that I never revealed much about her life so how did this author knew....I sighed and ringed Mrs.Choi and after a few bells she answered,

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting,Mam.Good Morning"

"No worries,Choi.I have read the draft and I will be lying if I said I'm not impressed by the writing"

"It is indeed very impressive,Mam"

"I have other plans for this one so I want you to send me the second best one and inform the Author of this piece of art about my statement and plans"

"Absolutely,Mam.I'll check the documents and send you the new draft as soon as possible"

"Great,I'll be waiting then"

"Have a great day,Mam"

And I hung up,I stretched my neck and caught Niklaus looking at me with curious eyes from the rear view mirror,I raised my eyebrows at him as he cleared his throat and asked "Is this about the yearly competition,Love?" I looked at him with a slight impressed expression,How did he knew? "I wasn't expecting you to know but indeed the matter is about that" I said as I watched his grin go wider "It would have been an insult if I didn't read every single book Rosa Riddle published" he said as if it wasn't a big deal but it definitely shocked me a little.

Time Skip

Here we were in a busy shopping street in yet another town,Niklaus and Stefan went to search for some information while i looked around the street as a gorgeous bouquet of flowers caught my eyes,I smiled and went towards the flowers and traced my finger on the big colourful marigold,I strangely felt a pair of eyes watching my actions.I looked up to find the owner of the shop smiling at me lovingly which I of course returned not looking like a creep "Lovely aren't they?" She said starting a conversation,I nodded "They are indeed" I said as her eyes softened "Do you know what Marigold symbolises?" She asked as I nodded once again with a small smile

"Pain" I answered,

"I knew you weren't of normal sight" she said hinting at my daylight ring "I suppose sanity is a more appropriate word" I joked with a sad tone,

She came towards me and picked out a small bouquet of Purple Irises place beside the Marigolds and handed it to me "Here,Keep them" she said as I refused but she kept on insisting "You might be older than me but I'm still the old spiritual hag,I see the pain but I also see the wisdom in your eyes,Keep the flowers as a compliment" she insisted and I had to give up "Thank you" I said as she nodded and smiled at me before moving on to another costumer.

I walked and sat on the nearby bench,After a couple minutes I saw a little girl coming my way no more than 6 or 7 years old with a frown.She came and asked in a small voice "Can I sit here?" I nodded and watched as she took the space beside me and sniffed a couple sobs "Why are you crying,Sweetheart?" I asked as she looked at me with her doey eyes "Mama left me in the playing area and-and my friends won't let me join so I-I pushed Harry and came here" she ranted in her high pitched voice as I listened to her and chuckled on how adorable she looked with her cute bunny headband and pouted lips,"Well that wasn't very nice of them,Would you like an ice cream?" I offered as her eyes lit with the word and she nodded aggressively,I chuckled and asked if she wanted to get picked up which she gladly took as a good opportunity and jumped in my embrace and guided me to a nearby ice cream parlour.

We went inside a very fancy looking ice cream parlour and Laila lead me to a screen and selected her ice cream flavour and toppings,I was impressed at how advanced today's generation was,Honestly I wouldn't have figured out how to make the thing work "Done?" I asked as she smiled and jumped in excitement making me chuckle at her little jump,I reached for my wallet, picked out my credit card and swiped it on the payment terminal but the payment wasn't successful making me frown,I tried a couple more times and still nothing...I stood there confused when a voice disturbed us "Aw you poor thing" A blonde woman with short hair said addressing me I guess,

"Excuse me?" I said not getting what she was hinting at "A single mother hm?You poor soul" she said with a fake sympathetic tone,I was confused did she think Laila was my child? And that I was a her single parent? "Did her father leave you and this little angel?" She opened her mouth once again but before I could reply she went for her purse "I know its tough being a single teen mom paying bills and all,Here.Let me pay for the ice cream,I can't see the poor child frown" she said as she searched for her money,I looked at Laila and she too understood the strange woman's mocking tone "Um thank you but I can afford paying for the dessert" I said as I turned to the screen to try one more time "Well,I was just being nice" she mocked once again and it took me alot not to snap her neck and rip her bloody heart out,

I was about to reply to the woman when Laila ran to the entrance of the parlour and yelled "Daddy" the woman also turned to see the man whom Laila referred to as her father and to my surprise it was a very familiar blonde "Darling,I thought you must be done by now" Said Niklaus picking up Laila and walking towards us "Mama was just paying for my ice cream" Laila said getting very cosy in Niklaus' embrace making me raise an eyebrow at him as he gave me a knowing smile and slithered his hand around my waist making me shiver as I froze.

"Oh so you are the child's father" the woman exclaimed eyeing him up and down as Niklaus pulled me closer by his side and faked a smile "The one and only" he said kissing Laila's forehead making her giggle "You should take care of your little girl's needs and help with payments" the woman said,Did this woman really think we couldn't afford some...ice cream? I still had my card in my hands when Nikaus chuckled gesturing to the card in my hand "Were you paying for ice cream with a Gold Card really,Love?" He said as it hit me...

Klaus called an employee who examined my card and did something to the machine,finally accepting my card and lastly apologised humbly for the inconvenience "I'm so sorry Madam,I'll make sure it never happens again" said the Manager with pleading eyes as I smiled "No worries,It was a minor problem" I said as I made my way out of the parlour with Niklaus and Laila holding his hand.

We sat outside on the same bench as I watched Niklaus watching Laila with a loving and for a change not so threatening smile,I observed as he cleaned her mouth with a tissue after she finished eating her ice cream, "Thank you for the ice cream,Miss" she said smiling brightly at me as I crouched down at her level and kissed her forehead "You are very welcome,Love" she beamed before moving to Klaus and giving him a thankful smile before she turned to leave I stopped her "Come here anytime you wish to eat ice cream,Laila.And don't worry about anyone saying nonsense,Okay?" I said as she gave her adorable smile once again "Yes,Mam" she said and ran to the daycare near the parlour leaving me and Niklaus.

"Did you bribed the child to call you her father?" I teased as he gave me one of his rare smiles making my heart melt

"No,I would never.She saw a chance and took it,I just played along" he answered making me smile at the 6 year old's cleverness "What a cunning little thing" I said looking up as I hear a low "Indeed" from Niklaus.

We spent a couple of days here before moving to the next town but before that Niklaus mentioned of the next town possibly being our jackpot,I didn't knew what he meant as he hadn't share his "master plan" with me yet but considering the person speaking I can't expect something good from the word Jackpot.