The Kidnapping

We were moving, again, this time to New Jersey. I was so mad because I wanted to move to a more isolated area like Colorado and I wanted to see the mountains, but instead we were moving to the Garden state. I really didn't want to move from our orginal place but I could feel someone always near me, watching me so my mom decided to pack up and move. We had been playing this game since I was five and it was getting old fast.

I hated moving because I made friends and I always to leave them so I always stuck to myself. My brother was always mister popular because he was the sport's type while I stayed home on Friday nights and read a book or hung out with my mom. Ryan is the person I wish I was and he always tries to include me in his activites even if his friends don't want me to hang out with them. He is always concerned about me because my mom is usally not around because she usally works the night shifts or is sleeping during the day so I'm not complaining.

'Are you sure you don't want to ride with me?" my mom asked me one more time.

"Mom, I'm driving because I want to be alone and I like driving", I said, sighing before walking out of the house one last time.

My mom walked into the kitchen to make sure we had everything. I was walked outside to find Ryan surrounded by his friends. Some were smiling, crying, and laughing. I walked to my car to start it and was stopped by a dark-haired boy. I recongized Alex, from my Chemistry class. He was the only one I really talked to while we were here for six months.

"Hey", I said and he nodded.

The thing about Alex was that he didn't talk much, which I was okay with. My mom walked out and said it was time we left. I looked Alex in the eyes, he suddenly hugged me and slipped a piece of paper in my back pocket. We pulled back then I walked to my car and started it. Ryan was just getting to his car and I was already waiting. I was going to follow Ryan and my mom was going to follow me.

When Ryan was finally ready, I was blaring country music.