Untitled Part 1

Gulf can't help but grin like an idiot, excitement rushing to him as the car traverse the familiar road away from his family's home.

"Are you that excited? People might think you haven't seen each other for years. No, don't smile at me like that. You were just like a dead log earlier, I thought you will need two days of sleep to recover", Best asked glancing at Gulf. He knew that Gulf was tired from his birthday concert the other day. He hadn't had any rest in weeks due to filming and the concert preparation.

"We need to celebrate, it's Father's Day after all", Gulf answered still grinning.

"Your father would be sad... uh, never mind, he already seen you", Best let out a sigh, thinking back to how the Traipipattanapong's patriarch was smiling earlier, Gulf's whole family was when their precious boy's eyes lit up and he started to giddily prepare to leave.

P'Best, "Are you two planning to sneak out?"

Gulf chuckled, "You sounded like we've been giving you a lot of trouble, Phi. We've been careful"

P'Best, "Luckily that the two of you like to stay at home"

Gulf let out a soft sigh, "We've been busy". A moment of sadness pass by, he misses spending more time with Mew. He pushed away the thought out of his head, it's not the time to feel sentimental.

P'Best, "I'm proud of you, Gulf. I'm proud and happy to see both of you reach your dreams. Your family, his family, all of us are happy for the both of you. You are both doing well, you are just here"

Gulf glances at Best with a thankful look. He smiled again, remembering that in a few minutes they will see each other. An intimate dinner, that is what Mew wanted, just the two of them to celebrate his birthday. They have planned it before, talked about how the older man won't be able to spend time with him on his actual birthday. Though it doesn't mean Mew's romantic ass didn't do anything yesterday even just for a moment before the older went to his own schedule.

********

"Have fun but please make sure you can still walk and work tomorrow", Best grinned at Gulf, sending the latter's ears to burn.

"P'Best!", Gulf weakly protested. He shakes his head, smiling, before leaving the car. His heart accelerated again, the fluttering on his stomach heightened as he took closer steps to their home. Gulf giggled remembering how Mew asked him to leave Hazard to his mom.

It was dark when Gulf entered their place. He snickered; Mew would probably prepare a full candlelit dinner.

"Phi?? Teerak, I'm here", Gulf called. As he expected they were small dim lights on the floor, but they weren't from the candle, they were led lights. Knowing well that Mew would prepare something for him still didn't prepare him for what he sees. Their living room had been turned into a small concert area and his Phi is there in the middle with his mic and his guitar. Mew signaled for Gulf to take the seat in front of him.

"Happy Birthday, Tuaenf. Sit down and enjoy the show", Mew winks at him.

Gulf could only stare agape at him as the older started to sing. Gulf laughed, giggled, sing-along, hyped as Mew continue to sing, his own songs and songs that they both love.

"And this will be the last song for tonight. This is a new song that I've written as a gift to someone very special to me, someone I love so dearly. I hope you enjoy it", Mew smiled at him.

Gulf's heart is beating so loudly, he had heard Mew sing before, he is probably the first one to hear of his compositions before they were even recorded but the melody of this one, he had never heard before. His eyes sting listening to lyrics.

Mew left the mic and approached him, gently pulling him up. They stood close, hugging and swaying, Mew continue to sing the song directly on his ears. When it ended, Mew pulled back a little to look at Gulf, his hand staying on the younger's waist.

"I hope you know how much you mean to me, Tuaeng", Mew said softly, his finger gently wiping the unshed tears at the corner of Gulf's eyes. "I love you", he added before giving Gulf a gentle kiss.

"Let's do this properly", Mew chuckled after the kiss. He planted another kiss on Gulf's forehead before turning to get the cake and lighting the candle, singing the birthday song.

"Happy Birthday, Tuaeng! Blow the candle and make a wish"

Gulf closes his eyes, he already had many candles blown for his birthday, he prayed that even if he had wished for so many things already – good health for him and his family, happiness to all, the safety of people around him, the higher being would still listen to this wish.

"Happy Birthday!", Mew's greeted him again when Gulf opens his eyes.

Gulf, "Thank you, Theerak. This is so...I don't know what to say. I just thought we'll have some candlelit dinner"

Mew chuckled, "You gave a concert for everyone yesterday, so I'm giving you your own now. Hmm...did you like your gift?"

Gulf looks at him puzzled at Mew's uncertain look, he chuckled, "Theerak, you've been breaking some charts there and you're still nervous you don't sound good? Of course, I absolutely like it. I love it"

"That song won't be joining any chart. It's yours so of course, I wanted to hear if you like it", Mew beams.

"Hmm...I better put that on record, so I'll have my share when you decided to release it", Gulf teased, melting back to Mew's embrace.

"Not going to do it unless you agreed to", Mew answered tightening his hold of the younger and giving Gulf's neck a kiss.

Gulf's breath hitched by the contact, "Ter..", he softly said and soon enough a pair of lips is on him. They kiss languidly, enjoying their time.

"Can I have my cake now, Theerak?", he asked, eyes twinkling with mischief. Mew looks at him with a raised eyebrow but waited for him when he released himself from Mew and reach for the cake they have put at the nearby chair earlier. Taking enough icing on his fingers, he went back to Mew.

"You don't like sweets, Tuaeng", Mew said teasingly, arms circling back to Gulf's waist.

Gulf, "I've already eaten at home, so I suddenly crave some dessert. Besides, it's my birthday, so tasting my birthday cake is only natural", he started tasting the sweet on his finger, his eyes not leaving Mew's. "You should take your share too"

"You know I don't like our bed to be messy", Mew responded, eyes darkening.

"The floor is easier to clean then, and we can always take a shower", Gulf answered.

Mew, "I'm going to tell P'Best it's not my fault this time"

"It's my birthday, I've got to have a free pass"

"Naughty", Mew mumbled before claiming the sweet tempting mouth.

*****

END