𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

"I can't believe this

"I can't believe this. So, I get a job, work my ass off day and night and you tell me you're leaving?" My eyes widened in partial shock and disappointment.

"I know, its life-"

"Life? A life where you told me that life was too short, made ne go to parties with you and I trusted you. You're so fake." I scoffed sarcastically.

"It's not my fault you can't think and evaluate what's right and wrong. You should have known that I was temporary. Your parents left you a shit ton of money, it was only natural to make you spend it." She got up from her seat, her face with no hint of remorse.

"I'm moving out tonight, the rent is due tomorrow. You're going to solve it on your own," she stormed to the bedroom as I gasped in shock. I briskly followed her to the bedroom where she was packing up her already full suitcase.

"I've been paying the rent for the last four months while you told me that you couldn't walk. You said you couldn't get a job and I supported you. Now that I've been fired, you're fucking leaving?" My hands were already sweating and I was full of pure anger as she slung a bag over her shoulder.

"That's your own problem now. I don't stay and wait for disasters to happening I'm going to my brother's house in Europe so I'll be a continent away," she smirked before continuing, "Oh, and the friendship is completely over, I know you have no penny on you right now, so good luck, ex." And with that, she walked out of the room.

My body was numb with anxiety and emotional turmoil, I didn't know how to react. I had been born with everything I'd ever wanted with a lavish life in the elite class of society.

I had been given everything I'd ever desired, but that had quickly changed when my parents passed on. I was left with no one but myself since I was an only child.

Adjusting to poverty has been a great challenge for me. That was, when my ex best friend stopped working for the whole year and we heavily relied on my inheritance.

I heard her shut the front door with a loud bang as I slowly and hopelessly slid down it. This was it. It was over.

Everyone had completely forsaken me at such an inopportune time.

It was so arduous living without my parents, so complicated enduring a burdensome life and it was guaranteed that the next day, I was going to be thrown onto the streets. I didn't have a single penny to pay for the rent, I had nothing at all. Not even my dignity.

I weeped for hours. She had so easily replaced me at a crucial time in my life after all I'd done for her. I was starting to wonder why my parents had left me behind. Didn't family stick together?

Why did I have to be the forlorn one enduring a terrible life all alone with no guidance whatsoever? It seemed very unfair, and as I lay on the bone-chilling floor, I wondered if there was a reason for me to continue existing. There was, in fact, no reason at all.

______

A/N: Hey, I hope you liked the first chapter! Things are still starting, I promise it gets better. Thank you for reading

Q&A: where did you find this book? Drop your responses in the comments section 💕