▪︎《Chapter One》▪︎

He was reticent.

He sat still, on the sides from a double decker bus with a cigarette dangling from his mouth. It was early spring of 1957, a sixteen-and-a-half-year-old John Lennon, was observing the raindrops from an old dusty window where the smell of dampness formed in the air unpleasantly.

John had fished out a lighter from his coat pocket, inhaling the repulsive drug down his throat, not aware of his presence where an elder man was sitting two chairs in front, legs crossed, a newspaper article gripped in a worker's hand. It was just a normal Liverpool afternoon. John rolled his eyes, sighting a young couple share a kiss under the umbrella. He smirked. Not much of a romantic day he thought. He didn't mind the weather. Not that it mattered much to him, but his concerned aunt Mimi would think that he'd catch a cold if he stayed outside too long.

John jumped off the bus and proceeded to walk home however, he was struck by the new hit single from the King himself, Elvis displayed on the big glass window. Two new hit singles to be exact, of "We're All Shook Up" and "Hound Dog." He knew he didn't have enough money to get what he desired. Right now, those new hit singles were up for grabs. He has already persuaded his Aunt Mimi to buy him a guitar, why can't he persuade her again for only two hit singles?

He knew his aunt all too well and if she was here, she'd say, "only one John and nothing else." John rolled his eyes remembering her posh British voice in his ears. Suddenly, a man dressed in class and elegance approached him. He was fairly taller than John, around six foot one, thin lips and bright eyes. He had his hands in his pockets and gave John a decent smile.

"Ye alrigh' lad? Aren't they such beau'ies! Just came earl' this mornin," the owner explained much to John's concerns. A Yorkshireman. John scoffed.

"How much for both of 'em?" He asked.

"Aroun' 12 pounds sterlin' all together."

Jeezus, he thought. He couldn't even afford six pounds. They were the most expensive among the rest. He thanked the owner, quite forcibly, like he couldn't care about him in the world, until a sweet young voice tingled his ears.

"I can pay."

He looked from behind him, and a fine young girl looked around John's age with copper blonde hair and the greenest eyes he's ever seen, stuck out what seems to be twelve pounds clenched in the glove of her hands.

"My father is a very rich businessman, you seemed like you needed those Elvis records. I thought maybe I would help you out."

John was stunned.

Lost for words at least.

Why was a pretty bird like her wanting to help out a troublesome young teenage boy?

He was suddenly out of his daze when the owner got the two vinyl's down. "Well, 'ere you are! Two Elvis records sold!"

The girl gave a smile and nodded indicating to John she's headed out. When she was nine steps out the door, he ran gripping on his what seems to be his all-ready-paid Elvis vinyl's.

"Hey wait up Sunshine!"

She stopped walking. "Is everything alrigh?"

"Uh- How the fuck do I speak to her? John thought. Well, what the hell! They only just met, and he had no clue who she was. And she must've had no clue who he is.

Instead, he gave her one of his Elvis vinyl's. All Shook Up was now clutched in the glove of her hands.

"Here. Take it. Now we have one each," he smirked. "You like rock n roll?"