| PART -1|

Haldarsaheb had to pass through that town every fifteenth day in connection with the company's work

Haldarsaheb had to pass through that town every fifteenth day in connection with the company's work. The town was not very big. There was only one market which could be called a pucca house and what could be called a market. The town also had a boys' school, a girls' school, a small cement factory, two open-air cinemas and a small municipality. If there was a municipality, it used to do something or the other. Never got any road paved. Sometimes some urinals were built. Sometimes get an umbrella made of pigeons and sometimes got a poet's conference done. An enthusiastic board or administrative officer of the same municipality once got a marble statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose installed at the main square of the main market of the 'city'. This story is about the same statue, but also about a small part of it.

The whole thing is not known now, but it seems that due to lack of knowledge of the good sculptors of the country and the cost of good sculpture is much more than the estimate and available budget, a lot of time must have been wasted in the letter and letter and the tenure of the board. At the end of the hour, it was decided to give the opportunity to a local artist, and in the end, the only drawing master of the only high school in the town, suppose Motilal ji, would have been entrusted with the task of making the idol within a month. They were giving the confidence of slamming.

As has been said. The idol was of marble. Some two feet high from the tip of the cap to the second button of the coat. Which is called bust and beautiful. Netaji was looking handsome. On seeing the idol in some innocent and lesser military uniform, 'Come to Delhi' and 'You give me blood...' etc., used to be remembered. In this sense it was a successful and commendable effort. There was only one thing which was shattered at the sight. Netaji did not have glasses on his eyes. That is, glasses were there, but marble was not. a normal and real. A wide black frame of glasses was worn on the idol. When Haldar sahib first passed through this town and stopped to eat paan at the crossroads, he targeted it and a proud smile spread on his face. Wow! This idea is fine too. Statue of stone, but glasses are real!

Even after the jeep left the town, Haldar Sahib kept thinking about this statue and finally came to the conclusion that overall this effort of the citizens of the town should be called commendable. The importance is not of the look or stature of the idol, but of that feeling, otherwise patriotism is also becoming a joke these days.

The second time when Haldar Saheb passed by, he saw some difference in the idol. Looked carefully and found that the glasses are different. The first were square glasses with thick frames. Now there is a wire * framed round glasses. The prodigy of Haldar Sahib increased further. Wow hey what idea!

Is. An idol cannot change clothes, but glasses can change.

The third time again was the new glasses. Haldar sahib got into the habit of stopping at the crossroads every time passing through the town, eating paan and looking at the idol carefully. Once, when the curiosity became insurmountable, he asked the paanwallah, why the hell? How does this change your Netaji's glasses every time
goes?

Paanwale had a paan stuffed in his own mouth. He was a black fat and happy man. Hearing the question of Haldar Sahib, he laughed in his eyes. He got hooked. Turning back, he spit paan under the shop and showing his red black light said, Captain Chashmewala does it.

What does it do? Haldar sahib could not understand anything.

Changes glasses. Paan wale explained.

What do you mean? Why does it change? Haldar sahib still could not understand. Think someone has fallen. He needs a wide frame. So the captain will bring it from where? Who gave him the idol. The abdomen was placed second.

Now Haldar Sahib understood something. There is a chasme wala whose name is Captain. He finds Netaji's idol without glasses bad. Rather it hurts, as if Netaji is being inconvenienced without Am. Therefore,  the captain fits on the statue of Netaji from the few available frames. But when a customer comes and needs a frame similar to the one on the statue, Captain Chashmewala brings the frame on the idol—perhaps apologizing to Netaji—and gives it to the customer and later returns another frame to Netaji. Wow! Well great! What an idea but man! One thing still not understood. Haldar sahib again asked the Paan wale, where did Netaji's original glasses go?

The paanwala had stuffed another paan in his mouth. It was noon, the 'shop' was not overcrowded. He laughed again in his eyes. His belly twitched. Throwing the cauldron stick, turning back, he spit down the peak and smilingly said, forgot to make a master.

It was a funny thing for Paan Wala but astonishing and terrifying for Haldar Sahab i.e. he was thinking right. The 'Sculptor Mamya Mantilal' written under the idol was indeed the teacher of the town. The poor man must have made a promise of slamming the idol within a month. Might have made it too, but the glassman would not have been able to decide how to make transparent glasses in stone. Or tried and failed. While pleading, 'The glasses must have been broken in the affair of some more detail. Or the stone glasses must have been fitted separately and it would have gone out. Oops...

Haldar Saheb found all this to be very strange and grotesque. In these thoughts, after paying the money for the paan that was eaten and lost, he walked towards the jeep, bowing down before the patriotism of the chashmwala, then skewed, turned back and went to the paanwala and asked, is the captain of the glasses Netaji's companion? Or a former soldier of Azad Hind Fauj?

The paanwala was eating a new paan. Holding the paan, holding our hand one and a half inches away from the mouth, we looked at Haldar Sahib carefully, then showed our red and black lights and said no, sir. What will that lame man go mad in the army? He has been looking. You talk to him. Get your photo-votes printed somewhere.

Haldar Saheb was stunned when he saw the paanwale making fun of a patriot in this way. A very old, lame man with a head cap and dark glasses on his eyes, with a small box in one hand and several glasses hanging on a bamboo, had just come out of a street with the help of a closed shop. Had been. So this poor shop sings. Haldar sahib got confused. Wanted to ask, why is it called Captain, its real name here? But Paanwale had clearly told that I was not ready to talk any more, the driver was also getting restless. So, Haldar sahib left there in jeep.

| TO BE CONTINUED IN PART- 2|