virulent

you were sitting in front of your computer setup after a day full of farming stuff to finally ascend the last character you had to level 90, and you decided you'd fight the hypostasis one last time before logging out for the night

you were sitting in front of your computer setup after a day full of farming stuff to finally ascend the last character you had to level 90, and you decided you'd fight the hypostasis one last time before logging out for the night. but once you got to it's arena, you saw that something's wrong, it was gone, even after you had waited an hour for it to respawn after fighting it last.

"weird" you thought to yourself, before deciding it was a sign to log out and get some sleep. getting out of your chair, you quickly change into your pajamas, and go to bed.

 getting out of your chair, you quickly change into your pajamas, and go to bed

what. the. hell. you could've sworn you went to sleep in your bed last night. definitely not in some random, snowy, freezing cold cave in the middle of nowhere! you haven't even been somewhere like this in your entire life! as you stood up and took in your surroundings, you realized this cave has an almost uncanny resemblance to dragonspine.

no. no no no no no. you aren't going to somehow convince yourself that you're in a video game. that's not something that's gonna happen. you're probably just getting confused from the whole situation, and are trying to find something familiar about it. yeah that's what it is. you're just going crazy from the cold and confusion.

deciding that you wouldn't get any answers if you just sat around waiting for hours, you started walking around and looking for an exit. you still don't believe that you're in a video game, but you followed the same path you would take to leave dragonspine in genshin. if you imagined hard enough, you could almost see the map in the corner of your eye, which definitely helped with finding the way out.

you had been walking for what you could only assume was hours, judging by the position of the sun, when you finally saw what looked like a camp set up in a small cave on the side of the mountain. realizing this could be your chance to finally get some answers, you ran the rest of the way despite the ache in your muscles.

once you made it the rest of the way, you couldn't see anyone near, but you did see a pot and some ingredients, and decided you deserve some soup, and maybe a nap.

gathering up some broth, meat, carrots, and potatoes, you lit the fire with a lighter you kept for emergencies, and slowly mixed it all together.

after you finished eating, you washed everything you used, and lay down to try to get at least a little bit of sleep.

it took what felt like hours of tossing and turning for you to finally be able to sleep, but you still couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching you.

𝑎𝑙𝑏𝑒𝑑𝑜'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣

he had just finished the last preparations to finally bring his true creator into teyvat, when a random flash of lighting hit the machine before he could gather everyone to greet the creator upon their arrival. the machine was broken beyond repair, but after the smoke cleared he saw an angelic figure emerge from the ruins of his life's work.

"your grace! i can't believe the machine worked! i have to take you to meet the others right away!" he exclaimed, to caught up in the excitement to realize the figure didn't give off the correct aura of warmth and comfort.

"ah, of course, i cannot wait to meet the rest of my loyal acolytes, i hope you all have done well with the gifts i've given you." the figure calmly said, as she slowly reached out and cupped albedo's cheek. "but first, i would like to know more about you."

your twin's grin only got more triumphant when albedo stuttered around a description of himself while cuddling into her palm. after he was done, he took her by the hand and lead her out of dragonspine, where the others were waiting for his signal.

after a long day of teaching his creator all there is to know about teyvat, he, somewhat hesitantly, made his way back up the mountain to his campsite. once he got there however, he saw some impostor wearing his god's face, and daring to sleep peacefully in his campsite!

he decided he would tie up the impostor and bring her to his god, he knew she was far more merciful than him, and wouldn't want anyone to die without a reason.

he reached over for the chains he kept for when he had to restrain particularly disobedient test subjects, and roughly tied your wrists together, without a care for your comfort or safety.

once he was sure you wouldn't be able to get out, he grabbed you by the waist and threw you over his shoulder, still not caring about your safety.