Chapter 18

"royal screw ups"

Thunder rumbled and raindrops fell from the sky, the girl's hazel eyes admiring the sky from the comfort of her brother's room

The usual smiles they wore on their faces were nowhere to be found, and the weather was not helping at all.

Isobelle turned her attention from the window to Wilhelm, he was sitting on his bed, scrolling through the multiple comments and messages about the video that had been leaked, and her heart sunk her in her chest as she noticed how he struggled to hold the tears back.

She knew how much he cared for Simon and how much this had affected both of them. Frederic had decided to go and check on Simon while Isobelle stayed with his brother as he waited for their mother to arrive to Hillershka.

Normally Isobelle would have been happy about her mother visiting, but the reason of this particular reason could not be worse.

She stood up from the chair and walked over to his bed were he was sitting.

"Wille..." She spoke softly, intertwining her hand with his. "You have got to stop reading these." She said taking the phone from his hands. He rubbed his eyes before sighing heavily. "I know how horrible this situation is, but you reading that is only going to make it worse."

"I know, I know. I just- god why did this have to happen? Everything was going so well." The prince complained and Isobelle held his hand tighter. "I haven't been able to talk to Simon either and it's killing me."

"I know this will sound like bullshit right now, but stop worrying so much, let's take care of this, one thing at the time. Let's talk to mother and hear what's the plan, then we'll see what's next. Just know that I'll be here for you all the time."

Wilhelm rested his head on her shoulder, trying to calm himself down, her mere presence was already calming, but her words helped even more, and he knew she was right, he should take care of the whole matter one thing at the time.

"Has Frederic said something about Simon?" He asked, this time resting his head on her lap.

"Not yet. He just said he was going to check on him and I haven't heard from him ever since." She had been so worried about the whole video situation that she had forgotten to ask Frederic about his father. He had been acting strange ever since he showed up, so she was worried about him.

"Well I-"

He was cut off by the door opening to reveal The Queen. She walked over to her children and she bent down so Wilhelm would look at her, and when she caught his attention, she gave him a reassuring smile.