𓆙 Chapter Five 𓆙

3rd Person POV:

Y/n's blood boiled at the thought of seeing Sasuke again. You did not feel excited, but more awkward and tense. Y/n did not want to see a traitor like Sasuke.

Y/n watched them stare at the rock formation that was supposedly Orochimaru's secret base. They all held determination and anticipation in their eyes at the thought of seeing Sasuke once again after so many years.

To take him home.

"Even if we bring him back to Konoha, he's going to be severely punished." Y/n inwardly narrowed their eyes.

Naruto had tried to run right in, as usual, and just get this over with so he could see his old rival. Yamato put his hand in the way to block him.

"Before we go, eat these." Yamato spoke, gesturing to the seeds in his palm, "They're trackers. This way, if we get separated, no matter where you are, I'll be able to find you." Yamato elaborated to the team.

Sakura and Naruto ate them after a second, as Y/n did the same slightly reluctantly.

They decided that they would enter the secret base by digging a tunnel a few yards away and quietly moved.

The last time they saw Sasuke was a year ago. Everyone was curious about what he looked like now.

●𓆙▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁𓆙●

Seeing Sasuke was nothing like Y/n thought it would be.

"Sai!" Sakura shouted, running towards him and taking him by the collar, "What are you really after? How many times do you have to betray us before-!" Sakura got interrupted.

"Sakura."

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as the pink haired females voice was announced. Y/n had run after Sakura, confused about why she had just stopped walking so abruptly.

They barely got the chance to get a word out before Y/n's name was also called out from someone above the rubble and explosions.

"Y/n."

Seeing the figure, it was Sasuke.

He looked like a stripper.

Y/n's eyes merely furrowed, as their head was slightly tilted downwards.

They didn't want to even look at Sasuke.

"And Naruto. I expect Kakashi is also here, too?" Sasuke drawled, his gaze watching each and every one of his past teammates, stopping at Yamato.

"Sorry, it's not Kakashi. I'm his substitute," Yamato said, walking into the scene, "Team Kakashi will now be taking you back to Konoha."

"Team Kakashi, huh?" Sasuke said, tilting his head to the side slightly.

From the corner of Y/n's eye, they could see Sai taking out his weapon, ready to attack Sasuke.

You put your hand on the hilt your sword, prepared to attack if needed.

"Sai, you slimy bastard! Pick a side already!" Sakura shouted, also realising and annoyed of Sai's behaviour, "You're lucky I haven't put you through a fucking wall for the shit you've pulled!"

"So he's my replacement, huh? Some soft one has once again joined up. He said he wanted to mend the bond between Naruto and me, but..." Every word Sasuke said brought Y/n closer to a headache, irking them even more.

"Sai. I thought your mission was to kill Sasuke." Sakura questioned, finally calming down.

"My classified mission was indeed the assassination of Sasuke Uchiha, but i've had enough of orders. I now want to act on my own beliefs." Sai said, looking up at Sasuke.

Kaburamaru and Mitsuri began glaring and hissing at Sai.

"I don't know you very well, but there must be a reason why Sakura, Y/n, and Naruto have pursued you so desperately-" Sai continued, ignoring Y/n's animal friends, " They don't want to let go of that bond. I don't understand it, but Sasuke, you must understand!"

"Yeah, I understand. That's why I served those bonds. The only bonds I keep...are bonds of hatred. With my older brother and cousin. Multiple bonds mislead oneself and weaken the most important desires and cherished memories." Sasuke spoke with narrowed eyes and an uncaring aura.

Sasuke always did know how to make an ass of himself.

"If that's the case then why didn't you kill me back then, huh?! You think that could break our bond!?" Naruto exclaimed.

"The reason is simple. It's not that I couldn't break the bond with you, it just irritated me. I refused to obtain power through the methods he told me. You're only alive because of my passing whim." Sasuke replied calmly.

Sakura meets eyes with Y/n from the other side of Sai.

They exchanged a few quick looks before turning their attention back to the situation.

Neither of them knew what the fuck was going on.

●𓆙▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁𓆙●

They failed, and Sasuke did not return to Konoha.

Oh dear.

TBC...