one | the reunion

-ONE-

Ophelia set her sketchbook down on the coffee table, the once plain white paper holding an enrapturing landscape on its delicate surface.

She leaned back into her couch, releasing her dark brown hair from its loosely-tied ponytail. Her thick wavy hair cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall, filling her round, pale face with a gentle glow.

She stood up, stretching like a cat and humming in content upon releasing the pent up pressure in her body from sitting for so long.

Her clever grey eyes found their way to the clock, her brain still recovering from the deep state of bliss it had slipped into.

She slowly walked to the kitchen, opening the fridge to see what was there to eat, which was nothing.

"Alright, takeout it is." She sighed, picking up her phone and opening Uber Eats. She ordered some random diner food, and once satisfied, placed the phone back on the table where it was before.

She felt lazy, and thought she'd take a walk to shake off the heavy feeling.

Ridding herself of her comfortable loose t-shirt and shorts, she pulled on warmer clothes. A thick coat, a full-sleeved top and jeans gave her enough warmth to motivate her into leaving her warm apartment.

The cold air of the December evening stung her face like needles, but she, unlike most people, found it relaxing rather than uncomfortable.

Her boots crunched through the snow, leaving footprints behind her as she walked down the snow-covered sidewalk, not letting her gaze lock onto anyone else's.

She passed the theatre, and heard faint sounds of a song. She let her gaze fall on the poster outside, which read Rogers: The Musical.

"Disgusting." She wrinkled her nose before continuing to walk, her cheeks tinting pink from the intense cold.

Despite hating the music coming from inside the theatre, she sat down on a bench right next to the huge double doors, pulling out her sketchbook and pencil. Just as she began sketching, she heard a familiar voice speak up from next to her.

"Wow." It said. From the corner of her eye, she saw an all-too-familiar figure standing a few feet away. A girl of around sixteen walked out, standing next to him. 'Lila,' Ophelia thought, 'She's grown so much.'

Lila asked, "Hey, are you okay?" Clint looked up, "Oh," He exclaimed, "Hey, yeah." He then tried explaining himself, "Yeah, yeah. I, uh, just wanted to come out for some, uh...Some fresh air, is all."

'He's always been a terrible liar, for an assassin.' Thought Ophelia. Lila, being the adorable person she is, said, "You know it's fine if you don't wanna watch the show. I mean... I know everyone misses her, but... she was your best friend. It's..." Clint cut her off, "Come here, baby." Wrapping her in a hug, Lila broke the tender silence by stating, "This whole thing is a bit ridiculous, isn't it?" Clint chuckled in reply, "A lot ridiculous."

Ophelia managed to pluck up the courage to stand, tuck her sketchbook in her pocket, and smoothly walk over to the duo. "Hey, Barton." She grinned, her grey eyes sparkling. Clint broke away from the hug and turned to look at her. "Ophelia?" He chuckled in disbelief. She shrugged with her hands still in her pockets, "In the flesh." She smirked.

Clint put his hand up for a high-five, which she accepted. "Nice to see you, Moonshadow." He smiled. She nodded and dropped her smile, turning it to a devilish smirk, "I will kick your ass into tomorrow if you don't explain ghosting me for eight years in the next twenty seconds, Barton."

Clint sighed, trying to think of an explanation while Lila exclaimed, "Wait, you ghosted her for eight years?! Dad, she was like the ONE fun aunt we had after Aunt Nat! Why would you do that!?" Ophelia chuckled dryly and replied, "That's for your Dad to answer."