CHAPTER NINE

FLYING SOLO

       THE BOY BAND had just gotten home

       THE BOY BAND had just gotten home. Well, Julie's home, that is. They were still freaking out over not just one, but the two performances they just did in front of the girl's classmates.

       They couldn't believe that they were seen by a whole bunch of people. It was crazy. Alex was pacing back and forth in the garage, still trying to wrap his mind around how they were seen.

       Luke and Reggie watched from the couch and the latter leant over to the boy wearing a beanie, "I think he's practicing his model strut."

       "He's so nervous, he's almost making me nervous," Luke commented.

       Alex stopped in front of his friends and ran his hand through his hair still trying to calm his nerves, "Okay, look, you guys know I don't handle change well. All right? Death?" He exhaled deeply and widened his arms, "That was a change. Okay? Then we became ghosts. All right? Another change. And... and now we can be seen whenever we play with Lee or Julie. Big freaking change!"

       "Yeah, but, bro, it was a good change," Luke rationalized. "With the girls we can play on stage again and be the band we never got to be." Reggie nodded happily in agreement. "Come on. I mean, you gotta be down for that."

       Alex brought his hands out from his pockets, "Yeah, I mean, who wouldn't be? I just... You know, I wanna figure out why."

       "Forget why," Luke urged before standing from the couch, "Man, I say we invite the girls to join Sunset Curve."

       Reggie followed him and agreed, "Yeah, totally. I mean, like, think about it. With an acoustic guitarist and a pianist, this band would be legendary. Imagine if we taught Lee how to play an electric guitar?"

       "Hey! I'm our electric guitarist," Luke reminded his band mates hurt. That's his instrument.

       "Dude, that girl knows her strings. I wouldn't be surprised if she already knew how to play," Reggie pointed his finger to Luke in thought as Alex began pacing again. "Plus, she can touch us while the both of them can make us visible. Without them, we're just... like, elevator music."

       "You don't gotta be so mean about it." Luke saw Alex in the corner of his eye and gestured towards the blonde, "And we're on the runway again."

       Alex stopped and raised his arms in surrender, "Okay, I'm sorry, all right? I just... I gotta clear my head."

       He started towards the studio doors and grabbed for the handle. His hand went right through due to him being a ghost, but he still tried again. This time slower.